[SOLVED] Where to find good RGB fan controller for Deepcool fans?

pcpagan

Reputable
Jan 7, 2019
My motherboard doesn't have an RBG header, so the fan controller would need to work without one.

My fans are from the brand Deepcool (2x RF120s and 6x RF140s), and I bought the Deepcool FH-10 fan controller but it does not have RGB functionality. I also tried the Coolermaster RGB LED fan controller but the pins on it are slightly different from the pins on my fans (pins on the controller are round-- pins on the fans are square).

So, I'm looking for an RGB fan controller that will work without the RGB header on the motherboard, and that isn't the Coolermaster controller. I would really like to be able to use the RGB on the Deepcool fans I have, so if you have any ideas don't hesitate. Thanks

Solution
My motherboard doesn't have an RBG header, so the fan controller would need to work without one.

My fans are from the brand Deepcool (2x RF120s and 6x RF140s), and I bought the Deepcool FH-10 fan controller but it does not have RGB functionality. I also tried the Coolermaster RGB LED fan controller but the pins on it are slightly different from the pins on my fans (pins on the controller are round-- pins on the fans are square).

So, I'm looking for an RGB fan controller that will work without the RGB header on the motherboard, and that isn't the Coolermaster controller. I would really like to be able to use the RGB on the Deepcool fans I have, so if you have any ideas don't hesitate. Thanks

Ypur fans should have come with a 4...

Ypur fans should have come with a 4 pin jst connector adapter. If you dont have them they are easy enough to find on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B9HK6T...olid=12HHMQI622ROR&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

These are pricey. At that price i would have demanded at least 5 pair. But with a little patience you can find what you are looking for on amazon or ali express on the cheap.

Jst is more secure but it isnt motherboard/controller friendly as you found out.

Solution

pcpagan

Reputable
Jan 7, 2019
Found the cord you described, thanks. I had forgotten about it. Still figuring things out. I'm going to try using the Deepcool fans with the adapter, and the Coolermaster RGB controller.

pcpagan

Reputable
Jan 7, 2019
The Coolermaster controller did not work, but I found the solution. It is severely limited in a way that the Asus Aura software would not be, but it works at a basic level. The fans came with RGB 3-button hardware controllers that I didn't recognize as being controllers, but they do work without an RGB header. And it did require the adapter, so thank you very much.