[SOLVED] Where to find large keyboard?

SYOB SYOT

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
Hello.
I am currently using 145 keys keyboard. Since it is more than 20 years old now, I was considering replacing it.
I searched online, but to my surprise, all new modern keyboards have much less keys. I could not find any keyboard with more than 130 keys on it.
What happened in keyboard industry in the past 20 years? Has it downgraded itself or what? Why are there no keyboards with so many keys anymore?

But, my real question is: Can you recommend me some keyboard which has more than 140 keys?

I do not want my new keyboard to be less efficient than my old one, because I want to upgrade my keyboard, not downgrade it.

So I want to buy a keyboard within 145-150 keys range.
If it has a back light, I would agree to as low as 140 keys.
And if it is programmable and it has a back light, I would agree to as low as 130 keys.

Please suggest some keyboard which fits my need.

Number of keys on keyboard is very important to me because I am a programmer, and I use those hard to find keys to do some secret operations in my programs which I do not wish other users with standard keyboards to have access to.

If there is no keyboard with 145+ keys on market today, I will then continue to use my 20 year old 145 key keyboard for another 20 years, hoping that in that time market will advance and offer keyboards with more keys to people.

So any suggestion would be welcome.

Keyboards haven't become less capable than older ones at all.

Fewer keys have been required ever since they came up with the bright idea of having dual-function keys (usually those on the top rows) in conjuction with an "Fn" (Function) key.

The idea came to laptops first because it was a necessity due to size constraints, then external keyboards started appearing with the same feature.

Nobody wants a massive keyboard on the desktop now that we have so many accessories to find space for, so it was a very welcome feature.

So if your keyboard lacks that feature, that's why it has more keys.

SYOB SYOT

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
Keyboards haven't become less capable than older ones at all.

Fewer keys have been required ever since they came up with the bright idea of having dual-function keys (usually those on the top rows) in conjuction with an "Fn" (Function) key.

The idea came to laptops first because it was a necessity due to size constraints, then external keyboards started appearing with the same feature.

Nobody wants a massive keyboard on the desktop now that we have so many accessories to find space for, so it was a very welcome feature.

So if your keyboard lacks that feature, that's why it has more keys.
Yeap, but one correction. Not that nobody wants a massive keyboard. That is not true. There is someone who wants a BIG keyboard with a lot of buttons. Me! :LOL::LOL:
Actually, it does. It has 145 keys on it, with 12 keys having that dual function which changes with that function key. So 157 key combinations can be pressed by using only one key in total.

Well every keyboard I've bought over the last 2/3 years has never left me searching for a key or function it didn't have (except some don't have a sleep/power key which I like to have).

When I first started using DOS/Windows in 1993, keyboards were ginormous and clunky. Now they are compact and quiet, they lack nothing if you make the right choice.

Personally, I like the giant enter key
chinese_drum_keyboard_69558.jpg

chinese_drum_keyboard_db5t3.jpg

chinese_drum_keyboard_big_03892.jpg

chinese_drum_keyboard_pj64s.jpg

SYOB SYOT

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, That is what I call sexy!! ♥♥♥♥ I am in love. ♥♥:love:❤‍
Thank you for recommendation. Thank you so much. You just made my day. ♥
It is so sexy keyboard. ♥ It has 138 buttons, which is not quite as 145 on my old keyboard, but it is programmable (and my old is not), so it can be programmed to have multiple functions on a single key, which can be more than 145 in total. Wow, just amazing keyboard. ♥

I can not believe it, I was searching the whole day long on google for a keyboard with a lot of buttons, but the most I was able to find was 130. And this is whole 8 buttons more. Wow, this is just awesome.

You know what, I am going to purchase one of these RIGHT NOW (just not from this link you posted, since it is used one, and I am looking for new one, so I will look for this or similar model to purchase).

Thank you for your reply.
It means a lot. ♥

It is so big and sexy. ♥♥♥♥ mmmm.