[SOLVED] Where to place RAM sticks

Drerunsit

Honorable
Jun 7, 2017
Link to my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FBnvXy

I build this PC way back in 2018, but recently upgraded the CPU and GPU. The RAM has not changed, and it's always been installed in A1 & A2. I don't know why it suddenly occurred to me that I may have gotten it wrong. Traditional wisdom has long held that it would be A1 / B1, and I have always known that. Now I'm wondering if something in my motherboard manual convinced me otherwise, but I tend to have a hard time making heads or tails of those illustrations. For example, for Vermeer CPUs, it shows SR/DR across all four RAM slots. Doesn't that mean you can place the two sticks anywhere?

Appreciate the help with something that should be pretty easy, especially considering how many PCs I've built.

Drerunsit

Honorable
Jun 7, 2017
Slots A2 and B2, per the manual for the motherboard, page 21, listed in your specs. Did you make sure you updated he BIOS to the latest version prior to dropping in(what I'm assuming to the upgrade to) the Ryzen 5000 series processor?

Yes; I used to have the Ryzen 5 2600 and upgraded the motherboard firmware to 5.30 before installing the Ryzen 7 5700X. I did look at that page in the manual, but why does it say SR/DR on every slot on the bottom line?