Where were you on 9/11/2001?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had just walked in to the auditorium for an awards presentation just after the first plane went into the twin towers. Watched the 2nd plane go in on the big screen TV. They almost cancelled the final integration of our instrument onto a Russian satellite. They finally allowed about 12 Volunteers to go to baikonur Kazakhstan We flew from Norfolk Va to Moscow and from Moscow we flew on a corporate Jet, which they kept on standby on the tarmac for the full 17 days in case we need to evacuate in a hurry.

My Son and his wife were in the Bahamas – ended up with an unplanned 4 day extension trying to get back.

PS I did get a "Vacation" to Vietnam (1971->1972)

Changed it a few days ago, been searching for a replacement for the Eagle for about 2 months until I finally found one I really liked!

The Eagle made a solid statement after 9/11, but I can't say I've agreed with all the US has done since, I'd still like to see Bin Laden's head on a platter, I know that's a sorry Christian statement to make, but it's the truth.

rsetter1

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2007
I'll tell you what, I am mad as a spirt filled person could be at the terriorsts and everything they stand for. They are as brave as shooting someone in the back.
They are the scum of the earth. They deserve the lake of fire!
This is neither political or religious....just FACT.

FO

rsetter1

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2007

You remember all this from 2nd grade?

jones911

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I was crawling out of bed to get the phone. My aunt called me and told me turn my TV on. She would not tell me what was going on except that America was under attacke. I turned on my TV and watched the horror take place. sad...sad..sad.... day.

abswindows7

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
I was a Counter-Terrorist doing headshots on terrorist on counter-strike source, I went downstairs to heal/feed/relax my hands and saw two towers on fire on tv, and I went back to my computer to make some more terrible headshots.

I was better after I saw that, stupid terrorist.

That has to be the oddest place to be during 9/11. (I'm assuming you aren't being sarcastic,etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.