Question Which 4070 super model would be a better off solution cooling wise?

Apr 3, 2024
I've recently read some comments about the MSI 4070 super Ventus 2x not being the best at cooling while I found it on sale for a solid 630 euro, would I be better off with the ASUS 4070 super dual option instead? (These 2 are roughly between the same price range for me)

Lutfij

Titan
They should both be about the same, cooling wise, though if you look at the MSI card, the venting space looks to be more than the Asus. What sort of a case will you be dropping the card into? Even if you have the best cooler slapped onto a GPU, it'll get bad thermals if your case is starved of cooler ambient air.

Reactions: Eximo
I'd argue the MSI card would have potentially better cooling due to one thing: its heat sink fin arrangement. Since it runs length wise, the air flow is likely to be kicked out of the rear of the card more than the ASUS card, where the fins run perpendicular. But otherwise I don't think one is significantly worse than the other. And if "best at cooling" means an advantage of 2-3C, that doesn't really mean much overall.

Besides, these cards can easily be tamed thermally by doing some tweaking in something like MSI Afterburner.

Reactions: Eximo