Which bluetooth dongle do you recommend for Ubuntu Linux, Mac OS Hackintosh and Windows 10?

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Hello, I want to add bluetooth capability to my ASUS Z370-A Prime motherboard. Any recommendation? I want it to function under all three OS mentioned in the title.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I did a bit of digging last year on this as I needed a BT dongle for my PC. Turns out, they come from a very limited number of factories, just like most other computer components. :) I can't remember exactly, but I think there are only two (maybe three?) factories making the plethora of alternatives you'll find. The biggest difference between brands are usually what they come bundled with and what kind of driver support they offer/guarantee. Only a few of them makes them Mac compatible. Not sure if it's just to limit their own need for customer support or if it's Apples usual bad habits of certifying things for the sake of getting a percentage off everything sold for a Mac. StarTech is a brand that usually makes their stuff work with everything at a reasonable price. Personally I got one made by Avantree as its a tiny bit less bulky than most others. That brand however only guarantee support for newer Windows devices (I'm guessing the Windows editions with built-in support).