Question Which case should I choose?

Nov 30, 2022
Im choosing between the:
Be Quiet 500fx
Fractal Pop
Corsair 4000x

I would want to choose the 500fx but im worried about its availability and price.

Nov 30, 2022
Since choosing a PC case is personal choice, pick the one you like the most. Because in the end, you are the one who have to look at it every day, not us.

Yeah but how do you think they compare price to performance? because I like the 500fx a lot but there is low availability and the price went waaay up than it should.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah but how do you think they compare price to performance?

Well, only "performance" PC case can offer, is thermals with stock fans. For that, GamersNexus has done a great job. E.g 2022 year roundup with PC cases, where Fractal Design Pop Air is the winner of Mid-Tier category;

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL5uttjPWZE

Still, depending on your preferences, you may switch out/add more fans than stock configuration, thus changing the thermal performance of PC case. In this case, most PC cases are good enough and pick the case based on it's looks and features it offers, that you need (also clearances).

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Reactions: Tac 25

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Do you know If there will be any Be quiet discounts?

Eventually, maybe. But Be Quiet! is known to make good products and i haven't seen their products on sale, for people to buy them. So, i don't think that specific case goes on sale either. More likely the stock is bought out before that happens.

This is so with all quality products though. Only the lesser quality stuff, that no-one wants, is put usually on sale, so that store can get some money from those. Not sure if you've watched latest hardware news, but RTX 4090 was sold out on day 1. But RTX 4080 wasn't. And now, GPU scalpers are taking a hit, since no-one really wants to buy RTX 4080, close to the price of RTX 4090.