Question Which case would work best of the two?

Sep 18, 2022
Hey, I'm looking to buy a new case for a build and wondering about either the Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh or the Corsair 5000D Airflow. I have a 360mm rad (iCUE H150i elite cappelix) which can either be front mounted in the lian li case or top mounted in the corsair case. My main question is would the lian li case provide enough cooling if I front mounted the rad and had a couple fans in the PSU shroud to cool the GPU and CPU further? Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Sep 18, 2022
Yeah I feel like it'd be best but if I'm able to keep my GPU cool with the Lian Li case in the aforementioned rad style, I'd opt for that. My card is the MSI RTX 3090 Ti Suprim X in case anyone's wondering, I know they tend to run hot.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I don't see a problem with either case...
Lancool II shroud fans: 1 of 2 fans is rendered moot by the psu frame, and the other fan has to fight restriction by way of extra long psus, cables and the storage cage(if in use). Also, if the case is placed on the floor, or close to it, it'll do more to bring in dust than air. How useful they are is rather limited.

Sep 18, 2022
My main concern is if the lancool case would provide enough cooling to the GPU with that configuration above (front mount AIO) because if not, then I'll just settle with the 5000D airflow and top mount it.

Sep 18, 2022
I have just one more question regarding the Lian Li case then, should I sell my 360mm rad and buy a 280mm one and top mount or would the 360 mounted at the front be fine for keeping the GPU cooler?

Sep 18, 2022
Sorry I meant 240mm top, not 280mm. I'm just wondering if front mounting a 360mm rad would be fine to keep the GPU cool or would a 240mm top mount rad be better?

TRENDING THREADS