Jun 1, 2019
I wan't to buy a new PC in the next couple of months, together with the upcoming new Ryzen 3000 CPUs, but I don't know if I should pick the 3800x or the 3900x. My main purpose for this PC should be gaming, but I also do Photoshop or video vuts from time to time, but that isn't tat much important to me as gaming is.

I wan't to use the CPU fpr gaming as long as possible, the question is now: Am I saver for the long tun with 12 cores or is even the 3800x enough for the next 7-9 years. I know it's hard to say without being able to see what the future holds, but I think you can help me there with own long time experiences.
My I7 2600K I'm using right now is from 2011 and comes slowly to its limits now. (1080p gaming)

As a noob, the 3900x seems a little bit pointless for me right now, because I don't think we will need so much cores and that much cache for games. If the time comes and when we need so much cores and cache I bet we can get better CPUs on the market then, for the same or lower prices. But Iam really not into these things, so what do you think?

Last edited: