Which CPU cooler should I get for the Ryzen 2600x?

Jan 13, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I bought the Ryzen 2600x over the 2600 because I thought it would be best for future proofing. However I know that the 2600x uses more power and therefore heats up more. The case I ordered is the " MasterBox Pro 5 RGB ATX Mid-Towercan" with 3 fans in the front. But I would still like to buy a CPU cooler, can someone please recommend me a great cooler for this CPU? Also do liquid coolers leak often? I think it might be better to buy a liquid cooler, but I'm a little scared that it might break my whole system.

Solution
I'm wary of AIO liquid coolers because they often combine copper heatplates with aluminum radiators, and the combination of those two metals will **inevitably** lead to galvanic corrosion and leaking. They put additives in the coolant to prevent corrosion, but that merely staves off the inevitable. After a few years, it will leak, guaranteed. I think the manufacturers are just betting that by the time it leaks, you'll have bought a new computer.

As Supahos said, however, the stock cooler is guaranteed to be sufficient.

But your case supports CPU coolers up to 167 mm in height, so you can basically use even the biggest of coolers. Or as Cooler Master says about your chassis, "No pushing! There’s enough elbow room inside, even for...

mikewinddale

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2016
I'm wary of AIO liquid coolers because they often combine copper heatplates with aluminum radiators, and the combination of those two metals will **inevitably** lead to galvanic corrosion and leaking. They put additives in the coolant to prevent corrosion, but that merely staves off the inevitable. After a few years, it will leak, guaranteed. I think the manufacturers are just betting that by the time it leaks, you'll have bought a new computer.

As Supahos said, however, the stock cooler is guaranteed to be sufficient.

But your case supports CPU coolers up to 167 mm in height, so you can basically use even the biggest of coolers. Or as Cooler Master says about your chassis, "No pushing! There’s enough elbow room inside, even for beastly coolers." http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/masterbox-pro-5-rgb/

I have a Ryzen 7 2700X, and I'm quite happy with the be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler that I'm using. It's nice and big, so I get good temperatures even when the fans are spinning well below their maximum.

Can you tell us what motherboard you have? A larger cooler can sometimes interfere with RAM.

For be quiet!, they have a nice motherboard checker. Tell them your motherboard, and they'll list every compatible cooler: https://www.bequiet.com/en/motherboardcheck

Solution
Jan 13, 2019

Thank you so much for your response, so an air cooler should be enough right? Also the mother board I have is the MSI - B450 GAMING[ Plus

any 150w tdp tower cooler will do the job and give all the headroom you need to overclock.
i went with a darkrock 4 for my ryzen 2700x and can honestly say its overkill. i could have went with a smaller cooler and got the same performance.
so yeah you dont need much more than the stock cooler on an amd ryzen cpu as the stock cooler while loud isnt terrible...

TRENDING THREADS