[SOLVED] Which cpu should I get

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 2, 2020
Im rebuilding my rig as my last one is [] up and im deciding between the 3700x and the 9700k. Im leaning towards AMD but want to hear reasons for Intel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Ryzen. Intel has 6 cores, 6 threads, but slightly faster. Ryzen has 6 cores but 12 threads. For someone not living for a benchmark number that equates to a probable longer useful lifespan and still get decent playability.

With most Ryzen vs Intel matchups, it's a case of the turtle laughing at the rabbit, all the way to the bank.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If he had the money to spend I would get the 10600K for the ability to overclock it can add a couple years to the time before you need to upgrade again. If on budget then the 3600 would be a better buy it might allow to get a bit better video card. The Intel is just going to be about 30 bucks more than the 3600X so in my opinion a better buy for the long term.
Decent motherboards seem to be more expensive as well and then you have to add the cost of a cpu cooler on top of that, so it's just not only about a price difference between cpu's.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
😂😂 Sorry for that guys, it was just a Social experiment on how People will react, im new here so I was just intrigued.
Its just interesting to see what type of people you get on what forums. I dont personally mind about down votes, as i said I'm new here.

And I didnt reply because I came physically on just now.
Anyways I upvoted everything back.
Please be understanding. (I study psychology and sociology at uni)

(Why I took the i9 into account? Dont know. Maybe my mind was just wondering off I guess.)
This site is not a place for your social experiments. If you intend to do this again, just leave now before we remove your account for you.