Which CPU would be better for my needs? i5 4570 or fx-8320

mnicklin09

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
I am looking at building my first computer and had two builds in mind, the problem is i can't decide which CPU to use. I want to be able to game on the PC for the next 3 years at least and the games i will mostly be playing are simcity, titanfall, but most likely MMOs and RTS games, i don't plan on getting any first person shooters except maybe titanfall.
i will also be using my computer for everyday stuff, MS Office, internet browsing etc.

However i'm not sure which CPU will suit my needs the best and will last at least 3 years. money isn't necessarily an issue however i would rather not overspend for my needs.

the builds are i5 4570
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2LlC0

or an AMD fx-8320
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2Ln4Z

Thank you in advance for any repsonse.

thefoxer

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011

I love AMD, however intel's CPUs tend to be better for single/dual core performance, which is what gaming uses. So if primarily for gaming, go with the intel. Do you plan to overclock though? If so, i'd suggest the 4670k.

thefoxer

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011

Then stick with the 4570. That should be fine for what you need.

YTTurbulences

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
You could go with fx 8320 and buy a great cpu cooler for the same price as the i5, but i don't really know, depends, but i would stick to AMD just because i had some bad experiences with i7 cpus. (not saying intel is bad BTW. Both companies are great)

vince232

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
if you dont plan to use it for editing like photoshop or rendering and only plan to use it for games and everyday stuff go for intel. intel kicks amd's ass on single thread application. that would mean everyday stuff for maybe about 50% faster. for running games which will use multi thread, or use many cores. amd will be head to head with the i5. if you're going to photoshop,edit,render. it will utilize more cores and the fx having more cores will be better. to sum it all up, pure gaming go with intel, if you plan to use photoshop or any software for editing and 3d rendering, go with the fx