Question Which hole is the inlet and which is the outlet?

SHjiwani

Prominent
Jan 22, 2022
I'm not sire which of these holes is for the fluid to go in and which is for it to go out. Or does it even matter? Can someone please help me out?

USAFRet

Titan
Hey, sorry but I dibt see how that shows which hole is the in and which is the out.
Circled in RED is OUT, in BLUE is IN
sbXmxa4.jpg

SHjiwani

Prominent
Jan 22, 2022
Dumb question I know. Still can't hurt to ask. My radiator is a corsair xr5 360mm and I was just wondering if there was any indication on the radiator to show which of the holes was the I let and which of the holes were the outlet?

SHjiwani

Prominent
Jan 22, 2022
Just like your question yesterday...

What does the manufacturer say?
Probably just me being dumb but I don't see anything. Here is a link to the product page though incase you can find something I couldn't:
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...opping&utm_term="keyword"&utm_content=corsair

SHjiwani

Prominent
Jan 22, 2022
For just a bare radiator, it does not matter.

If it made a difference, they would mark it.
Ok, and since I've alread got you here, I may as well ask another dumb question. I think I already know the answer to this one, but does my pump/reservoir combo have specific in and put ports?

USAFRet

Titan
Ok, and since I've alread got you here, I may as well ask another dumb question. I think I already know the answer to this one, but does my pump/reservoir combo have specific in and put ports?
It would be helpful if you actually listed ALL the parts in this thing.

And possibly a drawing of it.

But if the manufacturer does not list specific In/Out, it probably does not matter.
Unlike your GPU waterblock from yesterday.

Far more details on all the parts are needed to give solid advice, tips, etc. on your intended cooling configuration. However, it seems like more research could be done before installation. A custom loop setup is critical to configure correctly. A missed step can not only cause high temps/poor performance, but also catastrophic failure if you aren't careful. In my own case, I did extensive research on pros and cons prior to making the jump.