Question Which is the problem? Cpu or OS

Dec 10, 2019
I have a 3600x Amd cpu, a ga-ab350 gaming 3 motherboard, a 2070 super and I’m not getting display when I start my computer and I get a red light on the motherboard for cpu. I was told to boot bios b and update the drivers to allow my motherboard to run Ryzen 5. Hard to get to bios with no display. Is this because I have to install windows again with the new hardware? Or am I going to have to get a old Amd to update the motherboard.

Did you buy the B350 motherboard and the Ryzen 5 3600X at the same time? If so, then it's very likely you need to update the bios first before it will work. So you need to either contact AMD for a loaner CPU or buy a new or used Ryzen 1000 or Athlon 200ge.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019
Did you buy the B350 motherboard and the Ryzen 5 3600X at the same time? If so, then it's very likely you need to update the bios first before it will work. So you need to either contact AMD for a loaner CPU or buy a new or used Ryzen 1000 or Athlon 200ge.
I bought a Ryzen 2200 that was recommended to me from a geek squad guy at Best Buy to do what you are suggesting. It’s shipping right now. But he also said that my motherboard has dual bios which is it has but its automated so I wasn’t able to switch to bios B to use the q flash. Should I cancel the order for the 2200 or should that one be comparable for the update?