Question Which laptop brand has the best cooling and doesn't throttle ?

Musaver

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
am very indecisive when it comes to laptop brands. I'd like to know which brand you guys think is the best for longer hours of gaming without throttling and stays coolest ?

am very indecisive when it comes to laptop brands. I'd like to know which brand you guys think is the best for longer hours of gaming without throttling and stays coolest ?
I would honestly say ASUS, they still will get hot. As will any laptop during gaming. But I currently use a Asus Proart. Has a RTX 3060 and I max out at 70c during gaming without a cooling pad under it.

Jan 13, 2023
. But I currently use a Asus Proart. Has a RTX 3060 and I max out at 70c during gaming without a cooling pad under it.

What's the CPU? Because I'm running an ASUS Rog Zephyrus M16 I got during the holiday deals. It's got an i7-12700 and an RTX 3060. I have Civilization 6 open. Not 6 or 7 minutes after launching it and I'm running 81 on the CPU and 83 on the GPU right now and the game is just open on one of my screens but not doing anything particularly taxing. The problem was WORSE with the stock Samsung SSD that was in it, too. Funny enough, I pulled it out, put two WD SN850Xs into it (you know, the "craaaaazy hot ones") and average temps dropped by about 5 degrees...I've also dropped the maximum CPU rate from 100% to 99% as I had read that can help (meh). Civ VI has great graphics and all, but it's certainly not a workhorse like a first person shooter. I downloaded Mortal Kombat 11 a few days ago (for my wife, lol - $6.89 CDKeys!) and I haven't opened it yet. I'm a little afraid to with the current temp situation. I've got the back of the laptop propped up about 3/4" too. Seems this is a pretty regular thing looking around online. I'm not a huge gamer or anything, in fact, I got this rig for content work (Adobe Creative Suite) which I've shifted career focus to. Went laptop because there is sometimes a little travel involved for said work. But I figured, since I have it, I might as well see what games are like these days. They're amazing. And so is the fact I feel like if I get into the really graphics intense games I'll also be able to boil water at the same time...

After going through reviews the ThermalTake with its giant center fan came up a lot, especially as it can handle larger laptops. The TopMate C5 is half the price, 5 fans, nice digital display, and various modes. Seems like that's more the best bet but size-wise seems to really only support up to just shy of 16" and it seems the pad should have a larger footprint than the laptop. Not sure how true that is. I figure for $23 it's worth trying. I mean, there's always the matter of a fan being a fan and any air movement, thanks to the laws of thermodynamics, will at least help a little, I would think...

What's the CPU? Because I'm running an ASUS Rog Zephyrus M16 I got during the holiday deals. It's got an i7-12700 and an RTX 3060. I have Civilization 6 open. Not 6 or 7 minutes after launching it and I'm running 81 on the CPU and 83 on the GPU right now and the game is just open on one of my screens but not doing anything particularly taxing. The problem was WORSE with the stock Samsung SSD that was in it, too. Funny enough, I pulled it out, put two WD SN850Xs into it (you know, the "craaaaazy hot ones") and average temps dropped by about 5 degrees...I've also dropped the maximum CPU rate from 100% to 99% as I had read that can help (meh). Civ VI has great graphics and all, but it's certainly not a workhorse like a first person shooter. I downloaded Mortal Kombat 11 a few days ago (for my wife, lol - $6.89 CDKeys!) and I haven't opened it yet. I'm a little afraid to with the current temp situation. I've got the back of the laptop propped up about 3/4" too. Seems this is a pretty regular thing looking around online. I'm not a huge gamer or anything, in fact, I got this rig for content work (Adobe Creative Suite) which I've shifted career focus to. Went laptop because there is sometimes a little travel involved for said work. But I figured, since I have it, I might as well see what games are like these days. They're amazing. And so is the fact I feel like if I get into the really graphics intense games I'll also be able to boil water at the same time...

After going through reviews the ThermalTake with its giant center fan came up a lot, especially as it can handle larger laptops. The TopMate C5 is half the price, 5 fans, nice digital display, and various modes. Seems like that's more the best bet but size-wise seems to really only support up to just shy of 16" and it seems the pad should have a larger footprint than the laptop. Not sure how true that is. I figure for $23 it's worth trying. I mean, there's always the matter of a fan being a fan and any air movement, thanks to the laws of thermodynamics, will at least help a little, I would think...
D5g56E3.png