Question Which m.2 card should i get for my pc

ushyisbest

Prominent
Aug 1, 2022
Hi, i recently bought a m.2 wifi card and it didnt come with antennas ( do i need antennas) if you have any recommended wifi cards please tell me :)

That is a very nice illustration in amazon link above. You will note that the antenna connections on the cards are different for m.2 and minipcie.

Also key here is if you don't have the slot cover with the 2 holes to mount the antenna you are going to need that. If you need it you need to look for antenna kit that also has that part it likely is going to be expensive to buy a tiny strip of metal seperately

Reactions: Lutfij
This is one of those things that you look at the case and see if it has the part. You need holes to mount the antenna to. It may have a bracket or maybe it has another way to mount antenna.
I mean you could just hang the antenna out the back of the case on the wires.

Look at the photos on this ad. It is purely a small piece of metal that goes into one of the slots in the back of you machine. I guess you could just drill holes in solid covers if you want to.

This is not a technical thing it is purely how do you physically put the antenna in the computer.