Question Which M.2 SSD should i buy?

jasonmason

Prominent
Mar 8, 2022
Can't decide between Firecuda 530 2TB or PNY XLR8 CS3140 2TB which one should i go for? Which one is better function-wise? I want the best/fastest m.2 SSD market can offer.

It'll be for games, im currently running on Firecuda 530 1TB its where my OS and games are, thinking of adding another m.2 SSD drive and its where i need your help.

USAFRet

Titan
Can't decide between Firecuda 530 2TB or PNY XLR8 CS3140 2TB which one should i go for? Which one is better function-wise? I want the best/fastest m.2 SSD market can offer.

It'll be for games, im currently running on Firecuda 530 1TB its where my OS and games are, thinking of adding another m.2 SSD drive and its where i need your help.
In a blind test, I defy anyone to tell the difference.

Why only those two?

USAFRet

Titan
Because of their read/write speed, they're the highest i've found on the market, any other m.2 are subpar on speeds.
And WD, Crucial, Samsung also have drives at that same performance.

You're comparing on the Sequential performance...the big number that is always advertised.
Which is not where games live, or even the vast majority of your daily ops.

Any good quality PCIe 4.0 drive will run your games just as fast.
Even compared to a PCIe 3.0...you'd only see a difference in artificial benchmarks.

You're looking at benchmark marketing numbers, not actual user facing performance.
From your other thread, you've seen the )non) difference between various level drives, especially in gaming use.