[SOLVED] Which mobo supports both and crossfire as well as intel 8th and 9th gen intel processor?

deadpoolxxxxx

Prominent
May 14, 2019
I am dumping my 9 month old ryzen and have decided to buy a i5 9600k which has a much greater performance compared to any ryzen in this particular price range...and I don't want to buy a new gpu as because my rx 570 's crossfire technology has served me with performance greater than the rtx 2070 super so please help me choose a compatible motherboard.

Last edited:
Solution
Will the B365 support crossfire...does any Mobo with 2 PCIe x16 support crossfire

There are available options for both B365 and Z390 with CrossfireX and SLI support. I’m not too familiar with the B365 boards, so you’ll have to look a motherboard up yourself. It is not too difficult. Maybe try something like https://pcpartpicker.com/ - there are good options for doing detailed and very specific searches

EDIT :

Here's a quick search I did - B365 / Z390 with CorssfireX support USD $0 - $200 price range

-> Same search, but WiFi excluded
A lot of the z390 ATX form factor motherboards support both CrossfireX and SLI.

What is your budget?

I had an MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon for a while, which I really liked. The price and features were appealing to me, and it perforrmed flawlessly while I had it.

Unerelated to the motherboard, my CPU was faulty when I recived it, eventhough it was factory new, so in the troubleshooting process, I swapped the MSI board for my current ASUS board. But the Gaming Pro Carbon was excellent.

Gigabyte's Z390 Aorus series motherboards are very popular as well (ATX form factor for Crossfire support).

Last edited:

deadpoolxxxxx

Prominent
May 14, 2019
A lot of the z390 ATX form factor motherboards support both CrossfireX and SLI.

What is your budget?

I had an MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon for a while, which I really liked. The price and features were appealing to me, and it perforrmed flawlessly while I had it.

Unerelated to the motherboard, my CPU was faulty when I recived it, eventhough it was factory new, so in the troubleshooting process, I swapped the MSI board for my current ASUS board. But the Gaming Pro Carbon was excellent.

Gigabyte's Z390 Aorus series motherboards are very popular as well (ATX for Crossfire).
My budget is below 200 dollars because I am also going to buy a new laptop as I move a lot and can't really spend that much on my pc and also I need to get a 240 Hz monitor, a cherry mx red keyboard, a Logitech g pro wireless(which costs way more than a typical mouse ) as well as the i5 9600k so I need something half the price of Z390.(also I am poor)

Z390 and B365 chipsets (LGA1151 (v2)) are the only Intel chipsets with native 9th Gen support.

Z370 and B360 can be made 9th Gen compatible with a BIOS update, but you'd need a compatible CPU to perform the BIOS update, before being able to use the 9600K.

If you go for a B365 Chipset for instance, you might as well buy a non-K CPU, if it is cheaper, since the B360 / B365 chipsets from Intel doesn't support overclocking.

So a motherboard from the Z390 or B365 chipset series would be the easier option to go with, since you don't have to rely on a BIOS update for support for the i5 CPU you are planning on buying.

deadpoolxxxxx

Prominent
May 14, 2019
Z390 and B365 chipsets (LGA1151 (v2)) are the only Intel chipsets with native 9th Gen support.

Z370 and B360 can be made 9th Gen compatible with a BIOS update, but you'd need a compatible CPU to perform the BIOS update, before being able to use the 9600K.

If you go for a B365 Chipset for instance, you might as well buy a non-K CPU, if it is cheaper, since the B360 / B365 chipsets from Intel doesn't support overclocking.

So a motherboard from the Z390 or B365 chipset series would be the easier option to go with, since you don't have to rely on a BIOS update for support for the i5 CPU you are planning on buying.
Will the B365 support crossfire...does any Mobo with 2 PCIe x16 support crossfire

D

Deleted member 2720853

Z390 Aorus Pro would be a good choice. Supports both SLI and Crossfire, has support for 8th and 9th gen out of the box (at least mine did, came with the latest BIOS update, you might need to update BIOS yourself to support 9th gen -- if you do end up getting this board and updating BIOS, make sure to get version F11, don't go for F12d).

There are available options for both B365 and Z390 with CrossfireX and SLI support. I’m not too familiar with the B365 boards, so you’ll have to look a motherboard up yourself. It is not too difficult. Maybe try something like https://pcpartpicker.com/ - there are good options for doing detailed and very specific searches

EDIT :

Here's a quick search I did - B365 / Z390 with CorssfireX support USD $0 - $200 price range

Last edited:
Solution

deadpoolxxxxx

Prominent
May 14, 2019

EDIT :

Thanks a lot for your effort but I have decided to go with the Asus ROG Zephryus S GX701 and an external monitor and perhaps make my old pc a streaming one...

Reactions: MadsModsat