Which Mode to use?

snowman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2001
Hi there,

I'm new to this CD-RW stuff and I would like to now the difference between Mode 1 and Mode2/XA?

This is what I want to do:

I have a bunch of zip/exe files that I originally had on disks, now occupy space in a directory on my HD and I want to put them on CD. I want to be able to add to the CD as I get new/more files until the CD is full. Then use the files as needed.

I also want to do the same thing with jpegs. I have alot of jpegs and want to create a CD to store them adding, as needed.

Can this be done?

I also have a game, Steel Panthers:World at War, that I want to put on a CD by itself, along with any updates and scenarios I get.

What mode would be used for making audio CD's?

Thanks,

Mike

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4.0 and Nero 5.0 all have "wizards" and drag-and-drop interfaces. You'll be fine just by dragging and dropping them in those programs. They even allow for music CDs to be directly created.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

You can write whatever you have in your HD to a CD. The best mode is mode 1, in some cd-rom drives it is read faster(mine for example reads it at 14-48x, and reads mode 2 at a constant 8x). You may need to use mode 2 if you are attempting to burn playstation CD's or some protected CD's. It doesn't matter the audio mode, it is always written as CD-audio.

snowman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2001
Thanks. Don't have Playstation and don't plan on copying many protected CD's.

With multisession CD's, can I add files (mainly software updates) to the CD over a period of time until the CD is full, but still be able to access the files as I need?

Mike

G

Yep u can! im new to this game to but i do just that with all my mp3's
You just need to make sure the software knows your continuing a multisession disk.
Do what i did and just muck around with a few blank cd's, they only cost a few pence anyway :eek:)

My other sig is thought provolking and interesting.(And spelt corectly:eek:)