[SOLVED] Which of these graphics cards is the better choice?

Joshua_81

Honorable
May 18, 2016
I was planning originally on this PowerColor "Red Dragon" card, however, microcenter sells this non red dragon model for $50 less... Is the Red Dragon model worth $50 extra, or should I save the money?

Any advice is appreciated!

Solution
Both have only two fans. The one on NewEgg seems to have a 1650 Core clock vs the 1605 core clock of the one at MicroCenter.

I don't think it's worth an extra $50 for a 3% higher core clock.

Note, though, that the MicroCenter deal is in-store only.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the red dragon has a extra fan, also requires a extra 8 pin power adapter

is meant to be used for "heavy2 overclocking, but these rx are not great overclockers

the advantage it has over the cheaper is that it can work more quiet under heavier loads, since the 3 fans can spin slower to keep it cool

i personally don't like powercolor brand, but all i have seen is good reviews about the red dragon one

if it fints in your psu, case and budget, seems to be a good buy, if not, the 2 fans shouldn't be really worse

i personally buy sapphire only, but powercolor seems to be doing decent cards now, so is a valid option

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Both have only two fans. The one on NewEgg seems to have a 1650 Core clock vs the 1605 core clock of the one at MicroCenter.

I don't think it's worth an extra $50 for a 3% higher core clock.

Note, though, that the MicroCenter deal is in-store only.

Reactions: Joshua_81
Solution

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
Looks like I'm definitely missing something here....

I thought it was the Red Devil which has three fans?
sorry, i confused red dragon with red devil, yes, stupid similar names, sorry for the confusion

powercolor is not that clear with these two, so i guess gthe dheap one is meant for oem builders, since it has a more simple look, sort of, i would go with the cheaper one, both seems practically idenrtical, so the cheaper one has the port i would need

Reactions: Joshua_81