[SOLVED] Which of these two graphics cards should I get ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikospc

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
Hello everyone,

Given these 2 graphic cards:
Asus Geforce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 EVO OC and Asus Geforce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 Dual EVO,

Are they the same? If not, which is the better card that will give my friend a slight edge? which of the 2 cards should I get ? Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you,
nick

Solution
Hello everyone,

Asus Geforce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 EVO OC and Asus Geforce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 Dual EVO,

Are they the same? If not, which is the better card that will give my friend a slight edge? which of the 2 cards should I get ? Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you,
nick
I think that the EVO OC would be slightly faster, like only 2-3%, but if they're the same price, you may as well get the OC model.

On the other hand, if the OC model costs more, don't bother with it and just get the Dual EVO.
Hello everyone,

Thank you,
nick
I think that the EVO OC would be slightly faster, like only 2-3%, but if they're the same price, you may as well get the OC model.

On the other hand, if the OC model costs more, don't bother with it and just get the Dual EVO.

Solution
Jan 18, 2023
Yes it will (assuming that's a concern) but it's also slower than the RX 5700 XT.
Plugging these two against cpu benchmark website, indeed, I got myself used rx6650xt and I am selling rx6600 just after 2 months of use. If I was serious I would get rtx3080 or rx6800, but significantly more expensive and not worth for 1-2 games (play more PS5).

Reactions: Avro Arrow
Plugging these two against cpu benchmark website, indeed, I got myself used rx6650xt and I am selling rx6600 just after 2 months of use. If I was serious I would get rtx3080 or rx6800, but significantly more expensive and not worth for 1-2 games (play more PS5).
Have you considered the RX 6700? It draws the same power as the RX 6650 XT but is faster and has 10GB of VRAM instead of only 8GB. It's currently available new for $280 in the USA but I don't know where you are or what the used prices would be in your area.

Reactions: willis9829
Jan 18, 2023
Have you considered the RX 6700? It draws the same power as the RX 6650 XT but is faster and has 10GB of VRAM instead of only 8GB. It's currently available new for $280 in the USA but I don't know where you are or what the used prices would be in your area.
Yeah, but want to keep upgrade cost to minimum after selling the rx6600 (non-xt). I snagged 6650xt lightly used for $205 and while on eBay some used sell for a little more than that, it’s very hard to get unless it’s closer to $300 which didn’t want to pay about 1/3 more for just $10% speed altough it’s got more VRAM which is nice. Most of the games I now play like Borderlands 2 don’t use much VRAM. There is only two games in my library that might benefit which is Forza Horion 5 and Immortals Phynix but the ideal gpu card at minimum for FH5 seem to be 6800xt or RTX3080 which run closer to $500.

Reactions: Avro Arrow
Status
Not open for further replies.