Which one Dane-Elec or Kingston?

MMMT

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2002
Ok I am looking at trying to decide between two brands of DDR PC2100 512MG. The first being Dane-Elec and the second is Kingston. While both have 64X64 the Dane-Elec is CL=2 and the Kinston is CL=2.5, and the price difference is actually $3.00 cheaper for the Dane. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these brands and how they have run for them.

I might venture into overclocking later on and was also wondering if either have been used doing so by anyone. I know there are better brands out there and I may just upgrade later before even attempting to overclock anything. However, for now other then the brand name anyone know of any real differences in quality or performance of both or either one? Thanks for any responses,

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by MMMT on 08/09/02 08:53 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

BigBiggist

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
I would recommend that u use Cosair, Samsung or Kingston if you are going to overclock. If you are choosing between the Kingston and the Dane-Elec, choose the Kingston. More than likely the Kingston will run at a CAS Latency of 2.0 with no problem and it will overclock well. The Dane-Elec may be great too, i just don't know much about them, sorry. If you haven't already check out newegg.com.

MMMT

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2002
Thanks for the reply, I am just bumping this to see if anyone else can add anything before I commit and buy the ram.