[SOLVED] Which one is a better placeholder gpu? (hd 7770 vs r7 350)

Nov 18, 2021
Im looking to buy a placeholder to use while waiting for the gpu prices to drop. These 2 are the only reasonably priced gpus i can find in my country. Even though theyre both about 2 times their normal price...

I cant decide which one to get. I also managed to find 2 different variants of the r7 350. Each one with a different amount of vram and price.

hd 7770 2gb = $60

r7 350 2gb = $40

r7 350 4gb = $50

Which one do you think would be best for me? I'm planning on playing gta v at 1080p lowest settings. And some older games for now like Far Cry 3 and the original Saints Row 3. Cause im not very confident in the performance of these cards.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Solution
The HD 7770 will give you more FPS than the other cards, at those price differences just get the 7770. And for those games, well, you'll be struggling to maintain 60FPS but should be able to hit it on low-medium settings. High settings will land around 40FPS range.
The HD 7770 will give you more FPS than the other cards, at those price differences just get the 7770. And for those games, well, you'll be struggling to maintain 60FPS but should be able to hit it on low-medium settings. High settings will land around 40FPS range.

Reactions: orthomane
Solution
Nov 18, 2021
Thank you so much, I've been struggling on this for days