Reputable
Jun 4, 2014
hi every one i want to upgrade my pc and these are my current hardware:
2*4g 1600 cl11 working in cl8
GTX 960 Gaming Msi
H81M-DGS Asrock
i will change my power supply currently i have 600w gold
monitor 20" 900p i will not change my monitor

which one of these are better upgrade(I will overclock my hardware to their maximum possible clock) only use is game

390 or 970
EVGA FTW Z170+6600K+2*4g mushkin redline 3000 cl15

my own idea is 390 or 970 but i saw some tests in hwbot and i think 4460 will bottleneck

thank you for your answers

Solution
Adding a GTX980 to your current system makes no sense: It's FAR, FAR too fast for a 1600x900 60Hz monitor.
Even though it is locked the current CPU is barely slower than a stock i5 4690K and swapping the MB/CPU to gain a overclock that will be of little practical use makes no sense to me.

So, before you spend anything, first run your games using FRAPS to monitor the frame rate you're already getting, the current system should be getting close to 60 FPS in everything you have at that resolution.
Why 60 FPS? Because your monitor can only display 60 FPS, anything higher is just wasted and will result in terrible screen tearing as well as increased temperatures/noise as the GPU and CPU are working harder than they need to.

If you're...

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

you would need a 650w or better for the 390

for the 970 you would need 500w or better

tier 1 or 2 model from this list:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

the 6600k + mobo + ddr4 is not worth the price premium

instead get i5 4690k, z97 mobo + 8gb 1600 ddr3 ( you already have good enough ram, so you save even more )

with the money saved nab a gtx 980

Kdoitsh

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014

thank you so much

but my question is vga or main+cpu+memory?

i cant buy all of them right now i want buy a camera too so i cant

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

get the gtx 980 first then, it would still be a huge upgrade even with your current cpu

dont waste money changing your ram, it is good

Adding a GTX980 to your current system makes no sense: It's FAR, FAR too fast for a 1600x900 60Hz monitor.
Even though it is locked the current CPU is barely slower than a stock i5 4690K and swapping the MB/CPU to gain a overclock that will be of little practical use makes no sense to me.

So, before you spend anything, first run your games using FRAPS to monitor the frame rate you're already getting, the current system should be getting close to 60 FPS in everything you have at that resolution.
Why 60 FPS? Because your monitor can only display 60 FPS, anything higher is just wasted and will result in terrible screen tearing as well as increased temperatures/noise as the GPU and CPU are working harder than they need to.

If you're totally adamant about sticking with the current display, I don't think you'll see any worthwhile or practical gains except in the most demanding games at the very highest settings but I'd go for a GTX970 and leave everything else alone.

Exactly which power supply is installed? If it's gold rated it may not need to be changed.

Solution