which one is better for gaming i5(2nd gen) or i3(4th gen)

sarathsp

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015
Please any one suggest which one is better for gaming sony vaio core i5(2nd gen) 4gb ram 1gb AMD RadeonHD 7670M ordell core i3(4th gen) 8gb ram, geforce optimus 820m 2gb

Solution
The main reason why I have suggested the i5 is due to the gpu and not the cpu. For normal usage an i3 is enough. But for gaming the i3 will struggle whereas the i5 has some chance.

As for the laptop, it will depend on budget, the type of games you want to play and the settings you wish to play them on.

sarathsp

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015

But the i5 is having only 1 gb graphics and 4 gb ram where as i3 is having 2gb graphics and 8gb ram..

whats the actual benefit of i5 over i3 in real world not technically..

And could you please suggest a good cheap laptop for gaming ...

The main reason why I have suggested the i5 is due to the gpu and not the cpu. For normal usage an i3 is enough. But for gaming the i3 will struggle whereas the i5 has some chance.

As for the laptop, it will depend on budget, the type of games you want to play and the settings you wish to play them on.

Solution

LookItsRain

Distinguished
The i5 and 7670m computer will perform better, you can add another 4gb of ram to that one easily. The i3 would outperform the i5 in this case, remember, i5s are dual cores in laptops, not quad cores, but the i5 computer has a better graphics card.

Feb 27, 2019
Go with i3 one as I am using it without graphics on 6gb ram and I have played gta5 on it.....my brother has i5 with 1 gb graphics and 4gb ram and he can play gta on lower fps