Which one is better to get DELL 7577 or ASUS rog strix gl702vm-gb161r?

May 23, 2018
Any suggestions? I'm planning to get the Asus but I'm afraid it wont last long because of heat issue, Dell 7577 is cheap but the one that is available is not UHD 4K display and no Fingerprint scanner or simply not the full specs of Dell 7577.

SPECS

DELL 7577
- i7 7700HQ ( 7th Gen. ) 2.80ghz
- 256 SSD + 1TB 5400 RPM HDD
- 16GB Ram
- 6GB Nvdia GTX 1060 (Max Q Design)
- 15.6" FHD IPS display

Asus GL702VM-GB161R (STRIX EDITION)
- i7 7700HQ ( Kaby Lake 2.8ghz)
- 128 SSD Sata 3 + 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
- 16GB Ram
- 6GB Nvdia GTX 1060 (No integrated Graphics)
- 17.3" 4K UHD WVAG IPS Display

The only concern I have is the heat issue of Asus and the design is a little childish for my opinion, I don't want to be look a gamer but I want a gaming specs.

So, which one do you think is better to get?

Solution
The gaming specs (GPU, CPU, RAM) are identical, provided both use the same VRAM GPU (should ask them if 3GB or 6GB).

If VRAM is same, it really comes down to whether you prefer twice the SSD size, at the expense of a slower 5400 HDD, or a faster HDD, at the expense of a smaller SSD.

If you like a bigger screen though, the ASUS is also a plus there. The 4K res is really only a plus for older games, and a few modern ones if you don't mind 30-40 FPS. The 1060 being the reason.

For me personally, it would be the ASUS, but I really don't know what your preferences are on drives, screen size, and res.
The gaming specs (GPU, CPU, RAM) are identical, provided both use the same VRAM GPU (should ask them if 3GB or 6GB).

If VRAM is same, it really comes down to whether you prefer twice the SSD size, at the expense of a slower 5400 HDD, or a faster HDD, at the expense of a smaller SSD.

If you like a bigger screen though, the ASUS is also a plus there. The 4K res is really only a plus for older games, and a few modern ones if you don't mind 30-40 FPS. The 1060 being the reason.

For me personally, it would be the ASUS, but I really don't know what your preferences are on drives, screen size, and res.

Solution