Question Which one to choose Logitech z623 or Edifier R1700BT

Swagata

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
Which speaker will be better for casual gaming, movies and music ? I heard the Edifier has clearer sound but not so good with bass. I used a Microlab FC861 which I thought had good bass. Coming from that speaker which would be the better choice; Logitech or Edifier ?

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Edifier R1700BT $150
Logitech z623 $90

These are targeted at nearly different uses.

Edifier R1700BT- Are better for critical listening, vocals of all ranges are going to be clear and precise but yes they lack low-end bass, what bass they have "Midbass" is moderately enough to enjoy on the music spectrum. R1700BT's are pretty clear up into the higher volumes but for that boomy bass immersion you want for movies and gaming, you should consider adding a sub at some point.

Logitech z623- Yes, they have plenty of bass that also gets to be too boomy and floods the mids. These are good for gaming and movies at low to medium volume levels but they start to get ugly when you crank them up. z623 are nowhere near as good as nearly any Edifier in critical listening.

Reactions: Barrdock
Which speaker will be better for casual gaming, movies and music ? I heard the Edifier has clearer sound but not so good with bass. I used a Microlab FC861 which I thought had good bass. Coming from that speaker which would be the better choice; Logitech or Edifier ?

So first question would be, what don't you like about those Microlab speakers? Or did they break? Speakers are a personal pick, you just want more bass with about the same sound reproduction as the Microlabs? Then a studio monitor type setup with a lower frequency reproduction is what you want. Those Edifier speakers go down to 60hz, which is not really too low if you are looking for better bass, especially since the FC861 you have go down to 30 which is much lower.

In your budget I don't think you can combine good audio reproduction along with low end. Maybe the Klipsh pro medias would work, they are a bit cleaner in audio than the Logitech set. For bass past 60 or 50 in good speakers you are generally looking into over $150 price since you need a larger woofer and more power.

Last edited: