Feb 23, 2019
I have been getting lots of freezes lately where I cannot move my cursor or do anything. The fans and everything in my PC seems to still be running, but the display itself is frozen. I have to manually restart my computer by switching it on and off to fix it. These freezes happen while browsing the web, watching YouTube, chatting on Discord, playing low intensive games, or even a few minutes after I boot up my computer. Around 3-10 freezes a day. It is getting annoying. I have considered this a PSU problem, but I am undecided if it could also be a MoBo problem. Note that my system is only 3 months old, and ever since I built it I could never play a graphics intensive game because I would always get a BSoD.

I know that it is not my GPU or RAM, and I also do not have temperature problems.

The reason why I am asking is because I am about to buy a new PSU, but I do not want to buy it, only to realize that it was not the problem.

Anything helps and is much appreciated.

Specs:
GTX 1060 6GB
i5 8600k
8x2 ram
Gigabyte Z370P D3 mobo
evga 500bq psu
1tb hdd

Feb 23, 2019
It's probably not a PSU problem. You're nowhere close to loading that unit. Do you know anyone who could swap in a known-good unit for you?

Did you run a memory diagnostic? have you updated your graphics drivers since building?
I do not currently have a spare PSU that is avaliable for me to borrow. I did run a memory diagnostic and it was fine. I have updated my graphics drivers and they are up to date. I am currently trying a fresh installation of Windows 10, and see if that fixes anything.