Which Processor to pick???

Dabith01

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
Hello there fellow forumers, I have been think alot lately of upgrading my CPU from my AMD Tri-core to AMD Quad-core CPU, but here's the thing, which one to choose???
Here's my current PC's Specs for you:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 710 Heka 45nm Technology

RAM: 6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-78LMT-USB3 (Socket M2)

GPU: Acer X233H (1920x1080@60Hz) ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)

Storage: 698GB Seagate ST375052 8AS SCSI Disk Device (RAID)

Also a few extra notes to bear in mind: I am on a VERY low budget (ie: up to 50 quid), I CANNOT fit an intel processor ( mobo wont support any intel CPU's and i'm not shelling out on another mobo just to have an intel CPU), if you do recommend any CPU's make sure they will work on a 450w psu, will the AMD Phenom II X4 955 (non-be) work with my 450w PSU (as that is the CPU i'm looking for atm), also here's a link to my mobo's supported CPU list: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4305
also, i have read from other sources about the 955 and they say it has a lower max temp than my 710, what does that mean (apart obviously from a lower max temp) as regards performance, and the life span of the CPU etc etc. and is it a bad thing or not? and will i see a differance as regards the temp affecting the performance of the CPU?
Thanks for reading folks ;)

Dabith01

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
Thanks for replying,
Yes i was partially wanting to upgrade due to game lag, and i understand that a new GPU will offer great gaming power, but what average speed? wont a better CPU speed up the overall speed of the PC? that was another reason i wanted to upgrade my CPU
Thanks for reading

Dabith01

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
Hello, thanks for replying,
now, in reply to dudeman: i know that the an fx 6300 would boost my performance ratings quite alot, but i really dont need that much power, and like i previously stated i cannot fit any intel processors so the i3 and the pentium dual core are out of the question, also what kind of tasks or programs are single-thread and multi-thread applications?
now in reply to deathrabit: i dont know what model my PSU is, when i'm using my CPU for general use (ie internet, skype etc etc) it idles at around 35 C, but when i'm gaming, the most i've seen it go to is around 50 C. all that i know about my CPU cooler is that it is some kind of cooler master heatsink and fan, and yes i'm in the UK.
now in reply to lookitsrain and deathrabit: it is a dedicated ATi Radeon HD 4850 1GB, and you say its the GPU thats holding back my PC lookitsrain? tell me: if i got a newer GPU would it have a better affect than upgrading my CPU as regards gaming, internet use etc etc?
Thanks for reading