Thermaltake Smart RGB, 80+, 500W

Thermaltake Litepower GEN2 550W

My rig: CPU:i3 6100

gpu: SAPPHIRE rx 580 4gb nitro+

ram:8gb hyperx fury ddr4

current psu: segotep 500w atx

motherboard: msi h110m pro-d

Solution
Around 40-45€. Also what do you think about my current psu? The only reason i want to upgrade because I've read some pretty bad reviews on it and I'm getting the rx 580 sometime this week.

Its really bad and an RX580 will beat up on it pretty hard.

How does that budget translate to those sites you sent me. There is noting even vaugely near euros

This would be a good choice for you

https://www.pcgarage.ro/surse/seasonic/s12ii-520-bronze-520w/

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Although many argue over what place power supplies are in this list, it's still a good list. Look at options in tier A+ and A. https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-old-new-psu-tier-list/

No, its not. Its junk and unhelpful to people who don't really understand what they are looking for.

A better way would be to ask the OP where he is purchasing from and why hes limited to that list. Maybe we can do some research on his behalf and find him something that fits his price range and performance needs. So @erik162000 can you let us know this info?

Reactions: erik162000
No, its not. Its junk and unhelpful to people who don't really understand what they are looking for.

I disagree.
They use decent criteria to gauge relative performance and build quality and the OP would be well served with any of the power supplies mfgs/models in the top tiers. Any one can knee-jerk "Corsair" or "Be Quiet!" or "Seasonic". This gives a better list of the models since, as we know, some top manufacturers produce bad performing models.

What specifically do you not like about this list? Do you have corroborating facts from multiple sources that show this list to be, as you put it, "junk"?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I disagree.
They use decent criteria to gauge relative performance and build quality and the OP would be well served with any of the power supplies mfgs/models in the top tiers. Any one can knee-jerk "Corsair" or "Be Quiet!" or "Seasonic". This gives a better list of the models since, as we know, some top manufacturers produce bad performing models.

What specifically do you not like about this list? Do you have corroborating facts from multiple sources that show this list to be, as you put it, "junk"?

At the risk of taking this offtopic, I will quickly tell you I don't agree with their placement, and regarding the people who built it, I 100% do not agree with their methodology (and they are members here on this forum, I have discussed this with them directly), there is not a single link to a real review of any of those power supplies, and they used many arbitrary factors to place some units over others.

Aside from the fact its a lazy answer. The OP may be somewhere that not a single unit in the top few tiers is available to him/her for geographic or economical reasons. Posting this list is one step above typing "Google it".

Dec 10, 2019

A better way would be to ask the OP where he is purchasing from and why hes limited to that list. Maybe we can do some research on his behalf and find him something that fits his price range and performance needs. So @erik162000 can you let us know this info?
Well basically I don't have the best budget for this, and these psu`s seemed the best around the price I want to pay. Other psu's in this price range are chinese or local(romanian) psu's which i do not trust.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Around 40-45€. Also what do you think about my current psu? The only reason i want to upgrade because I've read some pretty bad reviews on it and I'm getting the rx 580 sometime this week.

Its really bad and an RX580 will beat up on it pretty hard.

How does that budget translate to those sites you sent me. There is noting even vaugely near euros

This would be a good choice for you

https://www.pcgarage.ro/surse/seasonic/s12ii-520-bronze-520w/

Reactions: erik162000
Solution