[SOLVED] which psu to buy, coolermaster elite400w or dp-de580bk???

Solution
If your electrical system in Iran is up to our US National Electrical Code standards, you shouldn't have any issue with the PSU starting a fire as long as your residence is properly wired and overload/ground fault protected. That's not to say it can't cause eventual performance degradation to the PC, but even that is probably a long shot considering the low power demand of the Q9550 and GTX 1050.

The Deep Cool for instance has symbols on the label to show it has passed the IECC, European, and Eurasian underwriter labs for safety (and health). The Cooler Master has those and more on its label.
Feb 14, 2020
If those are your only two choices, the Deep Cool has slightly better +12V specs. That is what the gfx card and CPU and most of the PC's devices draw most power from.

What's your budget for a PSU and can you shop Newegg or Amazon?
oh finally someone, im not shopping via amazon nor any other official websites like that since im living in iran

I have those two choices and now that you said deepcool is better i'll order it

I appreciate your help, much love

hey there peeps, please help me which one of these psus is better to buy. my specs are going to be

q9550 2.8@ghz

gtx 1050

8gb ram

120gb ssd and 1tb hdd

:)

here are the provided links of products, have a look at em

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/elite-series/elite-v3-400w/#image-Item9

http://www.deepcool.com/product/powersupply/2016-01/10_4518.shtml

Dear lord. Those are both horrible PSUs.

Gotta love how the Deep Cool is "marketed" as a 580W (peak), but is only a 400W.

There has to be some other PSU in Iran other than these two? Maybe a "better" Cooler Master if Cooler Master is available in your country? The one you linked is their absolute bottom of the line garbage PSU made for disposable PCs without discrete graphics cards.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
I wouldn't go for either. Neither are very far from being fire hazards.

Given your hardware and the age of it, you could go with a cheaper unit, but I wouldn't go with something that cheap.

Can you link a retailer in your region and a budget for a new PSU?

Feb 14, 2020
they are still the trusted ones, ofc i could go for some cheap ones and then pay for another one after some time but i bought deepcool ...

also there are better PSUs here for sure but they cost you a lot and with the precious economic situation of iran i wouldnt bother buying those.

so am I gonna catch fire in my house or what?

btw the website I shop online is called "digikala.com" and the language is farsi but u can use chrome to translate. I will get the psu within 4 days, I can cancel it whenever I want to but should I?

I got 100$ but I need a cpu fan too, Im building this pc for the first time and I heard q9550 needs a really good fan

anyways here is a video of this psu, it seems to be good but idk that guy talks ruskie

View: https://youtu.be/nYZd9JI-CUs

also this is the cpu fan i ordered

https://www.amazon.com/DEEPCOOL-GAMMAXX-S40-Heatpipes-Compatible/dp/B00CVWQEIW

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
Might be better to try to find a nice used quality psu on eBay even though most in this forum don’t like that idea basicly all my psus have been used units and I haven’t had any issues. If you buy EVGA supernova or a nice higher end Seasonic psu that’s not older than 5 years you should be good

Feb 14, 2020
I would do that, but theres no eBay in Iran.

I'm feeling desperate, like I spent my money on something useless, they way you guys describe these PSUs as garbage and stuff makes me feel that way, whats so bad? isnt deepcool a well known brand in your countries? I believe its legit there

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
Well if that’s the case go with the cooler master they can’t legally sell you a product that’s going to catch on fire despite what some people think there is some quality testing. And should be enough for what you have

Feb 14, 2020
I'd like to thank everyone who replied and tried to help me, I made my choice.

I wont cancel the delivery of deepcool, should be more than enough for my specs and hopefully I'l be using it for quite some time.

Again, thank you very much, each one of you.

Reactions: 86zx
Hopefully it will work out for you.

The lack of ebay can be a bummer. I picked up a SeaSonic M12ii 520w Bronze semi modular unit for $27 and then got a $10 refund since some modular cables were missing.

So $17 for a very solid PSU, assuming it was treated nicely before.

Reactions: 86zx

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
Hopefully it will work out for you.

The lack of ebay can be a bummer. I picked up a SeaSonic M12ii 520w Bronze semi modular unit for $27 and then got a $10 refund since some modular cables were missing.

So $17 for a very solid PSU, assuming it was treated nicely before.
That’s pretty legit, I got a EVGA super nova g3 1300w for 30$ of eBay last year it was practically brand new was definitely overkill for the system though lol

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If your electrical system in Iran is up to our US National Electrical Code standards, you shouldn't have any issue with the PSU starting a fire as long as your residence is properly wired and overload/ground fault protected. That's not to say it can't cause eventual performance degradation to the PC, but even that is probably a long shot considering the low power demand of the Q9550 and GTX 1050.

The Deep Cool for instance has symbols on the label to show it has passed the IECC, European, and Eurasian underwriter labs for safety (and health). The Cooler Master has those and more on its label.

Last edited:
Solution

I wish your logic was true, but alas.. it falls short of reality.

It's pretty easy to get "certifications" if you have the money to pay for them.

Even the "gutless wonders" that Oklahoma Wolf reviewed all had UL and CE certifications. They still blew up.

Reactions: bignastyid
they are still the trusted ones, ofc i could go for some cheap ones and then pay for another one after some time but i bought deepcool ...

also there are better PSUs here for sure but they cost you a lot and with the precious economic situation of iran i wouldnt bother buying those.

The problem is: Do you spend money now and not kill your hardware or start a fire or do you save money now and eventually kill your hardware or start a fire.

The choice is yours.

Deepcool and Cooler Master do have some good models. Those aren't them.