[SOLVED] Which Pump/Reservoir to choose for Mini-Itx build

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
Hello,

I am currently planning a quite insane build with RTX 2080 and Ryzen 9 in a custom loop in mini-itx form Factor.

I am basing my case on the Streacom DA2 Modular housing. So far so good, all components found their place inside the Casing. Except for the reservoir&pump.

I am looking for a small as possible & reliable as possible option.

Do you havee any recomendations there?
Pc_render.png

Solution
Unless you go external. FrozenQ has a reservoir for the nCase M1, fits a 80/92mm fan slot. Kinda square, bolts to the outside of the case. Iceman has a similar design, but a slightly smaller reservoir that mounts a ddc 3.2 pump.

Could also turn that reservoir 90°, either bolt it to the uprights or the case.

Something like the Apogee drive II, with a res bolted to the uprights below the gpu would also work.

100mm tall total.

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
ctr pass was successful. havent looked into memory tuning yet.

As for the case, we are getting closer to the prototype. The gpu in the back is now fit in.
ZcEquLt.png

Main thing thats missing is a power plug for the back of the case.
I've been searching for ages and finaly found a fitting internal extension cable which is on the way now:
140284753_max.jpg

Once that arrives I can measure it out and finally place the first order.

second thing missing is the mounting for the glass panels. Have not thought of a proper way yet but I have some Ideas which mainly depend on manufacturability.

Special note goes to the GPU bracket. That design specification is utter <failure> (censored). I dont know... I've had many cases now with a loose video cable connection. Worst experience yet was the streacom DA2 which I originally planned to base my build upon.The case is so thick, the plug does not go fully in. Here example from my nzxt case:
Giohqz9.jpg

definitely not happening with me. I even left a small gap so the cables will fit snug and clean.
9lIHi2X.png

Last edited: