Question Which RAM is better ?

Aug 9, 2024
Hi, so I was looking at some RAM and was wondering, which one is better between these two, like working temps, material quality, durability, heat sink, ect. They are at the same price plus or minus a couple of bucks. Is there any performance difference?

Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) CL30
G.Skill Flare X5 6000mhz DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) CL30

Aug 9, 2024
With what motherboard?

Have you looked at the QVL list for that board?

Durability and temps would be highly speculative.
Oh, sorry forgot to put the other stuff.

MB: Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX rev 1.3
CPU: Ryzen 7 7800x3d
GPU: AsRock RX 7800 XT Challenger 16GB
PSU: Corsair rm850x 850W

Last edited:
Hi, so I was looking at some RAM and was wondering, witch one is better between these two, like working temps, material quality, durability, heat sink, ect. They are at the same price plus minus a couple of bucks. Is there any performance difference?

Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) CL30
G.Skill Flare X5 6000mhz DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) CL30
I'd suggest that Kingston as Kingston was traditionally most compatible with AMD systems. It's just right for it and has EXPU in it.

Memory is always the silicon lottery. Even if you were to buy 2 exactly the same kits of memory from the exact same brand they might perform slightly differently. They have both been tested to meet what ever spec is on the package but some might do better. All memory is tested at the factory and grouped based on performance. They will take the sticks that are the closest out of one batch and place them in a package.

Making this even more random is the memory controller and the motherboards themselves have variations. Memory is extremely sensitive to crazy stuff like the length of the traces between the cpu chip and the memory socket. Memory also can perform very differently on motherboard that have only 2 slots compare to ones with 4 even though you are only using 2 of the 4.

Your best option is to try to find some memory that has been actually tested on the exact motherboard with the same series of CPU. Most motherboard makers have a QVL list. You need the exact part number...although similar numbers that are just different colors will be close enough.

If the motherboard manufacture does not have a list many of the memory vendors also have lists of motherboards they have tested their modules on.

This still doesn't tell you much about difference between brands just if it has been tested to work. If you really dig you can find the manufactures of the memory modules. Things like samsung or hynix chips can perform differently. There are many different sub models within the memory chip manufacture lines.

In the end it likely makes very little difference. You most times have a hard time detecting much real difference even on say a set that is 6000 vs 7200. Maybe if you work at it a benchmark will show it but in real usage only a very small handful of applications can use it. With the x3d cache on your cpu it makes even less difference.

Most important is finding memory that is truly compatible at the rated speed...you are technically overclocking the memory past the defined standard.

BUT in the end it likely makes no difference at all. These memory modules have been on the market for along time now so it has become very stable. It still a issue when you push for even higher memory speeds.

The motherboard model has been validated for use with the memory kit so you can expect AMD EXPO to be stable and reach full specifications:

https://www.gskill.com/qvl/165/396/1673491242/F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5-QVL

https://www.gskill.com/qvl/165/396/1722406261/F5-6000J3036F16GX2-FX5-QVL

logainofhades

Titan
I would choose the Flare X as it is AMD EXPO ram. I have never had an issue with G-skill with AMD rigs. I used their Ripjaws line on quite a few AM4 builds without issue. Only reason my AMD rig didn't have G-skill was because I snagged a great deal on Crucial DDR4 3600 CL16 at the time, at Microcenter.