Which screws do I use for my motherboard stand offs?

Oct 22, 2018
Hi guys I need help as I just realised that I can't figure out what screws I need for my motherboard. I have a nzxt h200 case and a asus ROG STRIX B450i gaming motherboard (ITX). And neither of their manuals say what screws to use to secure it to the motherboard standoffs. (This is probably a stupid question but this is my first pc build, hope you can help!)

Solution
They look like these.

https://www.google.com/search?q=motherboard+standoffs&client=firefox-b-1-ab&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjhz9Xt_preAhVDXqwKHSJdAQsQ_AUIDygC&biw=1280&bih=556&dpr=1.5#imgrc=r9QV0Ykp-wbJKM:

Dugimodo

Distinguished
It's not a stupid question, there are two common screw types in PCs and both can be used for motherboard standoffs depending on the manufacturer. The finer thread is more common in my experience but I have definitely come across both.

Just try the fine thread screw first, it'll either go in easily or it'll be too small and not hold in which case use the coarser one. Just don't force anything and you'll be fine. Try one first before you put the motherbaord in and do it on one of the easy to get at locations.

Make life easy on yourself and use a magnetic screwdriver too.