Question Which Software/Extension For Stealth eBay Account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKD2313

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
Wanting to create an eBay account that isnt linked to me, so I can have a store for a specific niche' instead of 1 store that sales any and everything. I know how eBay links accounts (IP - Browser Cookies - Personal Details) and I know some of the options I have, but since all of them except 1 are a paid Software I wanted to discuss the topic with people who know more than I do.

I was looking at the following Software and/orExtensions:

• Firefox Multi-Account Containers (Free-Open Source)
  • MultiLogin ($294/YR)
  • LoginWays ($420/YR)
  • HydraHeaders (Free) A part of Hydra Proxys. (The proxys arent free)

I think a couple of software options come with proxies (I will have to double check), but if I have to supply my own proxies I know Residentials and Mobile are the types to use.

I dont want to get more than I need, but I also dont want to half-ass it and spend hours upon hours of getting everything set up and in order, only to get the eBay account suspended because the option I went with didn't do what it was supposed to do.

RKD2313

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
It must be linked to you in some way.

Why isn't "just create another ebay account" not a solution?
Because if there is ever an issue with 1 account ALL the subsequent accounts will be placed on hold, which basically defeats the purpose of having more than 1 store/account.

Sounds mighty suspect to me. Are you trying to place bids on items you're listing to raise the selling price?
Its not for those types of reasons. If I wanted to simply run the bids I could do that easily. More information is required to sell versus just a buyer account Im pretty sure.

Ill give the long story short version of what and why I want to do this:
I have my eBay store that I opened in Nov of 2020. Aug or Sept of 2021 I took over my wifes ebay that she never used, but had it created since college. Turned it into a store and drop shipped petty items from Amazon to eBay. It was like a trial run. I was selling cheap items (Less than $25 products) and making like $1.xx or so per product. Nothing crazy at all. I was using a 3rd Party Software that is allowed by eBay, but some of my tracking #'s were not being updated within eBay. So after like 25-35 orders, there was like 15 that didnt have tracking assigned to them, so even though the product was delivered, within eBay it showed as "Shipped" and "Received" or "Delivered". They linked her account to my account and put a hold on BOTH accounts because of the discrepancy with the tracking numbers. I took/wasted about 10hrs of my time matching eBay orders with the corresponding AMZ orders showing the addresses matching, names matching, product ordered matching, and proof the item had been delivered. Most of them with pictures of the package on the persons porch. About 1/3rd of the customers with missing tracking #'s left positive feedback. I went on to message ALL the customers who had a missing tracking number to ensure they received their product. About 2/3rds of them replied back saying they had and that they was happy with the product.

I know if we're talking about "Technicalities", I think its breaking TOS to dropshop from AMZ, but look around. Stores with 4.5/5 Stars and Years of good standing on eBay BOT their merchandise. Selling Xbox X's, PS5's, GPU's, and other high profile in demand items and their listing picture will be a xbx, PS5, or GPU on a stack of 12 of the same item and in the listing it'll saying like 24 sold. Compared to whats allowable and currently being done, what Im wanting to do is pennys on the dollar.

Ralston18

Titan
Regarding "I think its breaking TOS to dropshop from AMZ":

Question: How has eBay responded to your efforts and evidence? What did they say?

If eBay does not like, approve, or otherwise accept what you have done (or may be trying to do) then I doubt that much can be done here to help.

Especially with regards to some "workarounds". Helping with workarounds (especially "stealth") most likely is a violation of Forum rules.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

RKD2313

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
Regarding "I think its breaking TOS to dropshop from AMZ":

Question: How has eBay responded to your efforts and evidence? What did they say?

If eBay does not like, approve, or otherwise accept what you have done (or may be trying to do) then I doubt that much can be done here to help.

Especially with regards to some "workarounds". Helping with workarounds (especially "stealth") most likely is a violation of Forum rules.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
eBay is by far the worst platform I sell on, but due to its popularity and sales volume I do try to sell on there. The team that investigates the discrepancy with the tracking numbers isnt a team that deals with or talks to the public. They only reply via email and only with copy+paste generic questions or replies. The CSR's are about as useful as tits on a boar hog and dont know <Mod Edit> from wild honey when it comes to anything other than needing help with with a lost password. I asked to speak to managers, I was lied to. I asked to speak to supervisors, I was lied to. Was getting contradicting information as to how to handle the matter. Literally every chat or phone call, I was given different instruction as to which emails to reply to and which to comply with. I complied with everything they asked me of me. 3 different instances. They ask, I provide. They ask for more, I provide. They ask for even more, I still yet provided. Because, you know, it makes more sense to NOT ask for everything you need up front and waste peoples time lol So the ultimate deciding factor since they couldnt out me on documentation (Receipts, payment methods, driver license, proof of residency, etc etc) They ruled that since not EVERY SINGLE tracking number could show a "Delivered" status I was getting my seller privilege's revoked on that 1 account, but I still have seller privilege's on my original account. I cant make another store now via common measures because it will be linked to me if and not permitted IF they can link it to me. They wont though. You live and you learn. I just think its comical they're suspended 1 of my accounts for selling $11 products off a website superior to theirs, making $1.37 - I get suspended - But the accounts who do business solely through merch they bot is fine and dandy lol 12 PS5's in the listing image eBay logic "Seems legit" . They make too much off them to turn them away. They're not idiots. Their risk for what I was doing wasnt worth the reward they were getting from it. If you break TOS the correct way, you'll be fine.

yeah, if they would suspend you then it can't be legitimate dude. sorry, no help
Its really no different than speeding. What I just explained is one of the most popular start up business models that exists. I made the mistake and yea my account had the selling privilege's revoked, but if I would've read more instead of being anxious to start it would have been fine. eBay doesnt care as long as you dont mess anything up. Again like speeding. Is it "Technically" against the law? Yes. Does everyone do it? A lot more than people who dont. I understand not getting feedback because of its "Breaking TOS", but in all honestly its not that big a deal at all. Both my stores had/have 100% positive customer feedback. Ill figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.