Which SSD is better?

Solution
To actually try to answer your question, since nobody else seems to realize you have three drives listed within your budget: The Transcend drive is the fastest drive of the three. it is PCIe Gen 3 x4, while the other two drives are x2. The ADATA has the slowest rated speeds of the three. Ive used all three brands in the past and haven't had issues with any of them. The Corsair is the smallest drive of the three, and space is precious on these drives. I'd probably recommend the Transcend, even if your PC's m.2 port isn't a Gen3 x4 port. That would give you benefit if you ever keep the drive to put in a newer machine some day.

Game890

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014

Nope. Samsung evo 970 and Plextor M8Pe(G) is available but it would cost me 2x more money.

dvo

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
To actually try to answer your question, since nobody else seems to realize you have three drives listed within your budget: The Transcend drive is the fastest drive of the three. it is PCIe Gen 3 x4, while the other two drives are x2. The ADATA has the slowest rated speeds of the three. Ive used all three brands in the past and haven't had issues with any of them. The Corsair is the smallest drive of the three, and space is precious on these drives. I'd probably recommend the Transcend, even if your PC's m.2 port isn't a Gen3 x4 port. That would give you benefit if you ever keep the drive to put in a newer machine some day.

Solution
You have to realise the only reason it is smaller is because of the over provision is already taken into account, from my understanding.
So in reality, the Corsair is smaller because it has the safety buffer already built in, where as the others don't.
Overprovision is there to protect your data from errors when they start to fail, so in reality, they are the same size.

Please correct me if I am wrong...But this is my understanding of the smaller drive.

dvo

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008

I'm not sure if its due to safety provisions. Maybe to some extent, but I don't know for sure. Both the 240 and the 256 will have less than those rated capacities once the drive is formatted. The 256 will have ~238 GB and the 240 will have ~232 GB. (I'm getting those formatted capacities based on my own Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB and my Samsung 850 Evo 240 GB.) On a tight budget i'd still recommend the larger capacity, especially because, in this case, the larger drive is also a faster drive, and is the same price. They have enough safety overhead either way, IMO.

EDIT: my 850 Evo is 250 GB, not 240. so a 240 GB drive would have more like ~222 GB available after formatting