Question Which would be an appropriate pick ? A gaming mouse or an Office mouse?

DroneX7

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
I have been using a Microsoft Wireless 800 Keyboard and Wireless 1000 Mouse for about 10 years now. They didnt come up with any major problems until this year.
My keyboard started to malfunction a few days back. Some keys werent working and working keys registered something else.
Following the keyboard , the mouse also met with the same fate. The laser stopped working however the buttons work fine. I had to do just some minimal work , so i didnt care much about getting a new keyboard , Gaming wasnt my biggest priority at that time. The mouse and the on-screen keyboard served my purpose well.

But now its basically become an almost necessity. The mouse and keyboard are both dead. I’ve got a college project coming up and surviving without a k/m is near impossible.

I need a k/m probably by next week. Thus i’ve got less time to make the purchase. I am not sure where i should invest my money.
Should i be getting something like a Wireless office k/m Or a gaming k/m?
Because i need them immediately and would probably want them to be capable for some decent gaming in future too.

I am looking at :
  1. Microsoft Desktop 2000 Wireless - $ 58
  2. Coolermaster MasterSet MS120 Wired - $ 100
I’ve checked everywhere and I havent got any better deal than this out here.

I‘d really appreciate any help.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

chris11d7

Honorable
May 5, 2014
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Lag...gaming+mouse&qid=1552315245&s=gateway&sr=8-13

I'd personally recommend this keyboard and mouse; I swear by Logitech and their quality; I've been using my Logitech mouse nearly every day for over 6 years now, and hasn't so much as a scratch (I carry it to/from work, school, home); the programmable buttons on the side have never amused me for gaming, you are better off without them, BUT for productivity, have a copy/paste macro, an enter key macro, etc. has increased my productivity by I'd say 25%, not having to move my hands from KB to Mouse constantly.
Let us know what you think!
Thank you,

Chris Nelson

Reactions: DroneX7
So about your wireless things not working, you checked the batteries correct?

As to what to pick, did you go to a store and check out some things you may like? BestBuy usually have a decent collection of basic and gaming keyboards and mice on display you can try out. It's pretty much impossible to recommend a keyboard and mouse to someone properly since there are so many different types out there, sizes, shapes, key switches, etc...

Reactions: DroneX7

DroneX7

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
So about your wireless things not working, you checked the batteries correct?

As to what to pick, did you go to a store and check out some things you may like? BestBuy usually have a decent collection of basic and gaming keyboards and mice on display you can try out. It's pretty much impossible to recommend a keyboard and mouse to someone properly since there are so many different types out there, sizes, shapes, key switches, etc...

Yes i’ve replaced the batteries. The keyboard is just dead. The mouse does fine when it comes to buttons , but the laser has gone out.
Anyways thanks for the reply!

DroneX7

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Lag...gaming+mouse&qid=1552315245&s=gateway&sr=8-13

I'd personally recommend this keyboard and mouse; I swear by Logitech and their quality; I've been using my Logitech mouse nearly every day for over 6 years now, and hasn't so much as a scratch (I carry it to/from work, school, home); the programmable buttons on the side have never amused me for gaming, you are better off without them, BUT for productivity, have a copy/paste macro, an enter key macro, etc. has increased my productivity by I'd say 25%, not having to move my hands from KB to Mouse constantly.
Let us know what you think!
Thank you,

Chris Nelson

Thanks a lot for the reply.
I was thinking about the exact same thing. An office mouse wont work well in a gaming atmosphere. But due to lack of time i just have to buy one soon. The Microsoft Wireless k/m has been with me since 2009 and it hasnt had a single problem over these years. Thats why i mentioned about it in my question. I’ve no idea how reliable the newer 2000 series is. I am more into casual gaming so i think i wont be needing a very expensive keyboard or mouse. Just one which i can use right now and probably for gaming in future. I’ll check out the Logitech k/m you mentioned. But can you please share your thoughts about this keyboard :

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G61...ateway&sprefix=logitech+g613+&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

Thanks once again!

Last edited:

chris11d7

Honorable
May 5, 2014
I was thinking about the exact same thing. An office mouse wont work well in a gaming atmosphere. But due to lack of time i just have to buy one soon. The Microsoft Wireless k/m has been with me since 2009 and it hasnt had a single problem over these years. Thats why i mentioned about it in my question. I’ve no idea how reliable the newer 2000 series is. I am more into casual gaming so i think i wont be needing a very expensive keyboard or mouse. Just one which i can use right now and probably for gaming in future. I’ll check out the Logitech k/m you mentioned. But can you please share your thoughts about this keyboard :

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G61...ateway&sprefix=logitech+g613+&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

Thanks once again!

Thanks once again!
I don't think you can go wrong with a mechanical keyboard, besides maybe battery life. I currently have a lightspeed mouse, the g903, and it works wonders. For a keyboard I went for a Corsair k63 wireless, and having a wireless keyboard is awesome because I work in different locations in the office throughout the day.