Question Which XMP profile should I use here?

D

Deleted member 2942093

9KlNQl4.jpg

With both XMP profiles everything is the same except these three options. XMP Profile 1 has these three settings on AUTO which allows the motherboard to use the most stable known setting(from what I've read on Google) where XMP Profile 2 have these completely set with number values which is manufacturer settings.

Generally speaking which XMP Profile is better to run, not only looking at these settings but in general in the gaming world?

Solution
pgjvoqo.png

No errors detected. So those three settings I showed you DRAM REF Cycle Time 2, DRAM REF Cycle Time Same Bank, and DRAM VPP Voltage..it really wouldn't matter if they are on auto or manually set. That DRAM VPP Voltage running at 1.8 is normal?
That'sjust volatage available (from VRM regulator) to RAM and IMC, it has to be higher than VDD (which is real RAM voltage ) to account for eventual loss during the peak. demand. Nothing to worry about if you are not overclocking manually.
D

Deleted member 2942093

Usually, unless you have a specific reason why and you have an understanding of what those reasons are, you want Profile 1/XMP 1 in just about every case so long as it works, which it doesn't always depending on the kit and the platform.

I would recommend that you use XMP 1.
Ok I've been running Profile 2 for most of the time I've had my new computer which has been a few weeks, it did feel better on profile 1 but it might be placebo.

Do you think I <Mod Edit> anything up with my motherboard or ram, going to go to profile 1

Last edited by a moderator:
9KlNQl4.jpg

With both XMP profiles everything is the same except these three options. XMP Profile 1 has these three settings on AUTO which allows the motherboard to use the most stable known setting(from what I've read on Google) where XMP Profile 2 have these completely set with number values which is manufacturer settings.

Generally speaking which XMP Profile is better to run, not only looking at these settings but in general in the gaming world?
Performance wise it's best to use highest XMP which also gives highest frequency- XMP(Extreme Memory Profile) is RAM function, BIOS just implements it.
XMP is bunch of settings RAM manufacturer determined their product will run best which includes frequency and latency settings, As DDR3 for instance starts with 1066MHz and goes upto 2133MHz, XMP is kind of automatic overclock of RAM.Sometimes, specially faster ones have 2 XMP profiles. one that goes full speed (XMP2) and XMP1 that sets it to speed somewhere in between highest and base 2133MHz frequency with other settings to match it. That's in case your MB BIOS can't push it as far but is still higher than base speed.
Your picture doesn't show anything useful to judge by which to use. What's needed is JEDEC and XMP values of RAM
If your windows are running you can find those values with a program like CPU-Z
under SPD tab and current settings under Memory tab.
Only then you would know what real settings are like.

D

Deleted member 2942093

Performance wise it's best to use highest XMP which also gives highest frequency- XMP(Extreme Memory Profile) is RAM function, BIOS just implements it.
XMP is bunch of settings RAM manufacturer determined their product will run best which includes frequency and latency settings, As DDR3 for instance starts with 1066MHz and goes upto 2133MHz, XMP is kind of automatic overclock of RAM.Sometimes, specially faster ones have 2 XMP profiles. one that goes full speed (XMP2) and XMP1 that sets it to speed somewhere in between highest and base 2133MHz frequency with other settings to match it. That's in case your MB BIOS can't push it as far but is still higher than base speed.
Your picture doesn't show anything useful to judge by which to use. What's needed is JEDEC and XMP values of RAM
If your windows are running you can find those values with a program like CPU-Z
under SPD tab and current settings under Memory tab.
Only then you would know what real settings are like.
Would you take a look on Teamspeak? I'm seeing temperatues and everything

Bw5lMAu.png

BE7C8Ni.png

UI0dJDU.png

6HVMo4r.png

OWoIiRC.png

1uEyAiT.png

Got all the info I could. This is on XMP Profile 2. Don't see anything for JEDEC options. I do see that VPP voltage set to 1.8. Kind of tweaking on it like if I had profile 1 on what would it auto set to. Is there anyway this <Mod Edit> damaged something like the ram or motherboard? Genuienly felt like profile 1 was better but been on profile 2 for a bit now but maybe its placebo..mainly want to know if something got <Mod Edit> up even if I switch at this point

Would you take a look on Teamspeak? I'm seeing temperatues and everything

Bw5lMAu.png

BE7C8Ni.png

UI0dJDU.png

6HVMo4r.png

OWoIiRC.png

1uEyAiT.png

Got all the info I could. This is on XMP Profile 2. Don't see anything for JEDEC options. I do see that VPP voltage set to 1.8. Kind of tweaking on it like if I had profile 1 on what would it auto set to. Is there anyway this <Mod Edit> damaged something like the ram or motherboard? Genuienly felt like profile 1 was better but been on profile 2 for a bit now but maybe its placebo..mainly want to know if something got <Mod Edit> up even if I switch at this point
HWinfo shows only one XMP profile, first line with 3200MHz (6400MHz real frequency because it's DDR Double data rate). The other lines show JEDEC standards.
It also shows that it is indeed running at it's full XMP speed, 6400MHz Cl 34 at VDD voltage 1.35v which XMP dictates with good temperatures.
So that's all fine. all that's left is to check for stability if you have any problems related to RAM.
You can use this one for instance

D

Deleted member 2942093

HWinfo shows only one XMP profile, first line with 3200MHz (6400MHz real frequency because it's DDR Double data rate). The other lines show JEDEC standards.
It also shows that it is indeed running at it's full XMP speed, 6400MHz Cl 34 at VDD voltage 1.35v which XMP dictates with good temperatures.
So that's all fine. all that's left is to check for stability if you have any problems related to RAM.
You can use this one for instance

pgjvoqo.png

No errors detected. So those three settings I showed you DRAM REF Cycle Time 2, DRAM REF Cycle Time Same Bank, and DRAM VPP Voltage..it really wouldn't matter if they are on auto or manually set. That DRAM VPP Voltage running at 1.8 is normal?

pgjvoqo.png

That'sjust volatage available (from VRM regulator) to RAM and IMC, it has to be higher than VDD (which is real RAM voltage ) to account for eventual loss during the peak. demand. Nothing to worry about if you are not overclocking manually.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2942093

Appreciate you man

Like I said originally, XMP 1 is what you generally want. It will give you the full advertised speed/frequency but also will offer a much more stable, tested, configuration, that is unlikely to cause problems. XMP 2 is generally intended for those with the intent to tweak or in some cases for secondary platforms, like, one set of timings for Intel platforms and one set of timings for AMD platforms, but mostly it is simply that the XMP1 gives you the advertised speed and a tested custom configuration for the four basic timings.

XMP 2 give you many more custom timings from the secondary and tertiary timings configuration settings. This makes the probability of an unstable configuration and the likelihood that you may have to manually tweak some of those settings to find stability, much higher. Which is why, as I said in the first place, XMP 1 is the setting that 99% of users will want to use.

IF you find you want to play around with tightening the memory timings or manually overclocking the memory, I can point you towards a good primer on that, but you must understand that as soon as you go outside the factory tested XMP 1 configuration, whether by using XMP 2 or manually configuring the memory timings, you then NEED to do extensive, very extensive, stability testing to ensure you are not introducing micro errors into your data which is a thing and is entirely probable with even a slightly unstable memory configuration. Which is why most users will elect to stick with the well tested XMP 1 profile that offers good performance while remaining steadfastly rooted on the side of stability.