Question While playing games on my computer, I'm listening to music in the background and the computer shuts down ?

Feb 4, 2024
Hello, I am Gökalp. Sorry for my bad english and my problem is; Recently, I have not experienced any shutdowns, freezes or any problems while playing games on the computer, but now I have started listening to music while playing any games and after 7-8 minutes in the game, the sound comes out and turns off. What is interesting is that my computer does not shut down when I am not listening to music, it only happens when I am listening to music.

My computer system is like this;
AMD Powercolor Fighter Rx 6800 16GB
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
32GB RAM
Msi A520M-A Pro
Corsair 4000d AirFlow White
AMD Stock Fan (Stock Fan may seem bad to you, but the CPU does not go above 65 while playing RDR2.)
Kingston NV2 SNV2S/500G PCI-Express 4.0 500 GB M.2 SSD

Games I played and had problems with: Fall Guys, The Forest, Seven Days to Die

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
What's your PSU model and how old is it?

What app are you listening to music from?
Does it also happen when you're listening from a different app (ex, if you use Spotify, does it happen with Deezer too)?

Feb 4, 2024
What's your PSU model and how old is it?

What app are you listening to music from?
Does it also happen when you're listening from a different app (ex, if you use Spotify, does it happen with Deezer too)?
I will find out the psu brand and write to you. My computer is new, I assembled it 2 months ago. I listen to the music I listen to on YouTube. Think there's something wrong with YouTube or Chrome?

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
what about just chrome opened without YouTube? still have issues?

perhaps try opening some other site other than YouTube and see if it has issues. if it doesn't, try opening the Spotify web player and listen to some music there and see if you can re-create the issue.

Feb 4, 2024
perhaps try opening some other site other than YouTube and see if it has issues. if it doesn't, try opening the Spotify web player and listen to some music there and see if you can re-create the issue.
Do you think the problem is with youtube or google chrome? I can also download Spotify and try listening to music.

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
I don't understand what you mean in your first answer, I just open chrome and listen to music from youtube, I don't use any other app to listen to music.
I'm trying to narrow the problem down to chrome or YouTube.

by opening just chrome, do you still get the issue? if so it's the issue with chrome.

if not open Spotify web player on chrome (open.spotify.com) and if it then has issues, it's a problem when audio is playing through chrome.

Feb 4, 2024

by opening just chrome, do you still get the issue? if so it's the issue with chrome.

if not open Spotify web player on chrome (open.spotify.com) and if it then has issues, it's a problem when audio is playing through chrome.
First I will try playing games with google open in the background. If nothing happens, I will try listening to music from spotfiy web from google.

Reactions: zinkles
Feb 4, 2024

Dear zinkles, I think I found the problem. Maybe I can't say I found it 100 out of 100, but I think I did. There are some crashes in Google Chrome, that is, it shuts down the computer not only while playing games, but also during normal use and when listening to music in the background. I will listen with a different browser, I will not use Google Chrome anymore.