Question Whistling/Whining noise coming from CPU area

Mar 7, 2020
Lately I've been hearing a whistling/whining noise coming from the CPU area. I've checked all around the computer and the noise only seems to be coming from the CPU area. When I restart my PC the noise goes away completely. It only comes back when windows is fully loaded. My temps are all normal. CPU temp fluctuates between 25C to 30C when just browsing the web. Also, I game maybe once a month with this setup so the computer is rarely under heavy load. PC was built not even a year ago. I dusted my PC and cleaned all the fans because I thought maybe that could have been the issue but it did nothing.

PC Specs:
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Motherboard
EVGA Geforce RTX 2070 GPU
Corsair H115i Pro CPU Cooler
i7 9700k CPU
Samsung 970 evo Pro m.2 SSD
850W PSU

I have attached a link of what the noise sounds like. Be in mind, when I recorded the audio I put the recorder very close to the CPU cooler and the noise is not as loud as in the file.
Sound file of the noise

Please Help Me! I am not sure what it is and how to get rid of it.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of the PSU and it's age? You might want to observe the back end of your system(i.e the rear of the motherboard, where the VRM's are located). I tend to get coil whine on that area during certain times of the day or during certain workloads.

This is normal as you're going to find that happen on anything that has a power regulator or a delivery system. You can even find the noise come from the transformers when you go to a power plant/substation.

Might want to state the version for your OS and the BIOS version you're on for your motherboard.

Mar 7, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of the PSU and it's age? You might want to observe the back end of your system(i.e the rear of the motherboard, where the VRM's are located). I tend to get coil whine on that area during certain times of the day or during certain workloads.

This is normal as you're going to find that happen on anything that has a power regulator or a delivery system. You can even find the noise come from the transformers when you go to a power plant/substation.

Might want to state the version for your OS and the BIOS version you're on for your motherboard.

The power supply is an EVGA SuperNova 850 B2+ Bronze 850W. I bought it brand new in December 2016. OS is windows 10 pro version 1909 and I updated BIOS about a month ago.

The noise doesn't come from the PSU at all but do you think that could be the issue? All my other parts are brand new that i bought summer of 2019. PSU is the only semi-outdated component.