Question White flickering pixels ?

Sep 6, 2021
History: I once had a problem where my pc would suddenly shut down and it turned out that my psu extension cables were faulty and so I removed them and used the original psu cables, after that incident I've been having this white flickering pixels problem on my monitor.

Kindly watch:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8SKPAh29u4

If you can't see the white flickering clearly, it's mostly shown around this area: View: https://imgur.com/a/pTR2BA1

Attempts to solve it includes:
  • Reformatting my computer (twice)
  • Using hdmi and display port cable
  • Used avr and wall socket
  • Switching from a gpu riser to my motherboard's pcie

None of them worked except downloading msi afterburner and reducing my gpu's clockspeeds through the app.
So yeah everytime I reduce gpu clockspeeds, the white flickering pixels magically disappear.

I don't know whether it's the gpu or the psu. I know the only way of finding out is swapping hardware but I dont have spare psu or gpu.
So if ever someone has experienced this kindly tell me how you've solved it. And I would love to hear anyone's opinion on this.

Thank you.

I honestly do not see anything out of the ordinary. I have watched the video several times and still can't see it.

Is your issue only in that game? It can very well be a bug or something "on purpose". Sorry I can only speculate since I don't see anything wrong.

Reactions: Kangseul
Sep 6, 2021
I honestly do not see anything out of the ordinary. I have watched the video several times and still can't see it.

Is your issue only in that game? It can very well be a bug or something "on purpose". Sorry I can only speculate since I don't see anything wrong.
I dont think its the game because I have reformatted my pc a whole lot

Sep 6, 2021
It is the GPU since reducing clock speed fixes it.
Yeah I think so too but whenever I think of my psu's history which I stated

"History: I once had a problem where my pc would suddenly shut down and it turned out that my psu extension cables were faulty and so I removed them and used the original psu cables, after that incident I've been having this white flickering pixels problem on my monitor."

it makes me think that maybe its the PSU too, Im so confused rn