Question White-ish line flashing for a split second ?

Jul 7, 2022
Hello all, so I've been having this visual glitch, a white line flashes across both monitors (if the background is black at times it appears green-ish), one being an Odyssey 34" 165hz 3440x1440p with a DP cable and the other an AOC 2560x1440p (running at 75hz) with a hdmi.

This glitch at times happens when I'm just on the browser same as in game, often in game I can play 1-3h without it even showing up, running FurMark also doesn't seem to trigger it, it feels really random. Sometimes it also pops up in the bios. (I don't know if this can be considered hardware or software issue). On other note 2 days ago windows had an update, after installing it the next day no visual glitch showed up, however today after turning on the pc it's back. The glitch itself if I'm in the browser it looks like as if I had alt tabbed real quickly
Visual Glitch

(EDIT: this glitch does not show up in any recording, be it steelseries moments, obs, shadowplay, even in recordings at 60fps, the video above was taken on my phone at 1080p 30fps.

Both monitors are freesync enabled , I've also turned it off in both to no avail. Aoc monitor is set up vertically if it matters.
Sorry if advance if I take a bit to respond once I get to my workplace).

Full build specs:
Windows 11
RTX 3080 Gigabyte LHR
Ryzen 7 5800x
Corsair H150I 240mm cooler
Corsair DDR4 3200mhz 4x8gb
B550-E Rog Strix
Nox Hummer X 1000w 80plus gold
2x nvme ssd's
1x external hdd
-
1xKeyboard/ xbox controller connected to the back of the mobo
6x Lian Li UNI fans connected to a hub
1x External Hdd & webcam connected to the front of the pc
-----------
I've DDU'd gpu drivers, updated chipset/monitor/motherboard/gpu drivers and such, windows reset. Temps don't seem abnormal either, cpu and gpu both sit around 40-60c depending on the load. Fast boot is disabled as well.

Both ram and gpu and psu are farily new, being less than 4months old, rest of the build is roughly 2y old.
Really don't know where to go from here or how to troubleshoot this, FurMark and OCCT don't seem to trigger it, in game/desktop can be hours without it showing up or shows up every now and then.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? If it's been in service for a while what GPU were you working with prior to the RTX3080? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Might want to also see if replacing the cables affects the glitch showcased in the short video.

Jul 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? If it's been in service for a while what GPU were you working with prior to the RTX3080? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Might want to also see if replacing the cables affects the glitch showcased in the short video.
Heyo , I forgot to mention, updated my post, PSU is as old as my gpu, around 5 months. This psu has only been paired with current gpu, (I do still have my old psu however it's only 700W.)
As for bios it's 2803, 28/04/2022 (this was happening to previous bios version aswell)