[SOLVED] White spot on laptop screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2021
I have been using Asus ZenBook 14 UX425EA for 4 months now. Recently I have found a bright spot on the bottom of the screen and I am really confused how this happened because I have always taken good care of my laptop. I'm suspecting it may be caused by the fans on the laptop blowing and heating on the bottom screen bezel. In normal usage the spot is pretty much impossible to see since that's where the taskbar area usually is and I never notice it with the taskbar on. Also, the spot is only visible on bright colours (such as white) and is pretty much invisible on darker colours. Is there any solution to this without opening the laptop?

kqoWa2h.png

Solution
The matte coating is applied to the outside of the screen so that it can scatter ambient light rather than reflecting it directly back to the viewer.

I doubt very much that you'll be able to feel anything and I doubt too that you can fix it yourself regardless of what's causing the white spot.

If the problem's annoying you badly then you may want to return it under warranty.
Oct 24, 2021
No it’s not on the screen surface. It seems to be backlight related because I don’t see the spot if I look at the display at extreme viewing angles.

The pixels itself are fine but due to that spot the colours on that place are little bit off.

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
The matte coating is applied to the outside of the screen so that it can scatter ambient light rather than reflecting it directly back to the viewer.

I doubt very much that you'll be able to feel anything and I doubt too that you can fix it yourself regardless of what's causing the white spot.

If the problem's annoying you badly then you may want to return it under warranty.

Solution
Oct 24, 2021
I see… right now warranty is not an option for me as I need this laptop everyday for my studies and I find myself using a monitor setup most of the time anyways. Quite disappointing though. The fans would run at maximum speed most of the time when plugged in (even during sleep mode) which I feel degraded the screen quality faster than usual

Status
Not open for further replies.