[SOLVED] Who makes the Most Reliable Video Cards?

whitelion1284

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2013
Greetings,

I paid $700 for an EVGA made Nvidia 980 ti that lasted 2 years.
It's replacement also lasted 2 years and failed in the exact. same. way.

This got me thinking: who makes the most reliable cards?

Cheers

Solution
Generally reliability is similar between manufactures, so close that customer support is a more important consideration.
EVGA generally tends to make very solid cards, and has fantastic support. The chances of two cards failing in the same way tends to indicate some other issue besides the card.
On the AMD side, Sapphire is the way to go.
Generally reliability is similar between manufactures, so close that customer support is a more important consideration.
EVGA generally tends to make very solid cards, and has fantastic support. The chances of two cards failing in the same way tends to indicate some other issue besides the card.
On the AMD side, Sapphire is the way to go.

Reactions: EndEffeKt_24
Solution

whitelion1284

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2013
What do you mean by "failing"
I bought the 980ti 4.5 years ago. After 2 years the bios shut down the PC due to "power supply surging".
I replaced the power supply with an upgraded model and tried gaming again. After 10 minutes he 980ti died. As in: in order to boot the PC I had to remove the card.
It was under warranty and EVGA replaced it. The new card lasted exactly 2 years and then died in the EXACT same way: power supply surging, I replaced and upgraded the psu, the gpu died after 10 minutes of play.
It was such an exact match that I concluded there was a fault in the card's design. It was a $700 card that I was expecting to own and use for over a decade. What can I say? It pissed me off.