Question Whole pc lagging after installing new CPU

nenad.d.dinic01

Commendable
Dec 17, 2018
I just upgraded my cpu from ryzen 2200g to 3100 i updated bios few days ago and everything was working fine now i install this the new cpu and it boots but it seems sluggish but that goes away i turn on a game (apex legends) audio seems to cut every second or so but when i jumped into a match i realized everything is lagging but fps is over 60 then i played something on youtube (also tried spotify) same thing happening its like cutting lagging
Rest of the specs are:
Rx 480 sapphire nitro+
2x4gb ram
Biostar a320mh
Seasonic 620w cant remember name of the exact model

I just upgraded my cpu from ryzen 2200g to 3100 i updated bios few days ago and everything was working fine now i install this the new cpu and it boots but it seems sluggish but that goes away i turn on a game (apex legends) audio seems to cut every second or so but when i jumped into a match i realized everything is lagging but fps is over 60 then i played something on youtube (also tried spotify) same thing happening its like cutting lagging
Rest of the specs are:
Rx 480 sapphire nitro+
2x4gb ram
Biostar a320mh
Seasonic 620w cant remember name of the exact model
Run this and post a link to your results. As for your ram it's not much more ram will help

nenad.d.dinic01

Commendable
Dec 17, 2018
Can you post a pic of the inside of your case. Please so i can see where your gpu is plugged into, plus how everything thing else is setup. Your gpu is way below normal.
Z6g6KOPspBHBr8IWp59iPV_emfBURdVClBrKoWzN65ArM_obSVJ8qQ7YJbFQ_Tn-ccq4Wbu3NDuBl7mHJORVPAzugS3Kp8AhDG5Y5OAKtnETrxFwN1hJ4RoJV3Nv_kI2Fd2-z5SZq2P2IkRTHzakojkcIZ7EI6KQFljhWbB3EWjauUNxrSLYaIlhxtmSplDjsFMBXiqi7FFlM_sDxDBFN891PUlwOHpE1cYU3Jj8r-z267jWSq4aKVlBqabrDScx8OcCe_iKEjf77h3eNKxeonD77BRRoEBrvBoFZTcZmNOtWdEnGBMSJ6BdIu_tw9rfcsFwLYqAUvvDkOq4wj-mtx1HHWfHXuUNitLTFj_UJV9T6m2-ikDDXSYRxN-g1apDmmedehJ1PaqmrQqz8FDSqiAHT7cZRy83cRVU4XernjzSlhVlf564DYZ814-2KhF4MAJgY1RfROzVRV1szUM6dNmAVb4zhlamo7q45JFaQdauYz17kx4hc0TUt1NjIGKxeJyHV9YdAc-HnXMnh3dDdry84ka6jxreDZNdWi8-4HEvPJ2f8QFCRji2KUCmS7nwbkBulAUwgVN6B3NsutRqcnkpud51xfBlXHjzbBToTho7pXgcCas87ZXNT7TCby6ZVGuAj8sSjQoBnksD7f2MnahWT9fsIhdWtRz3KkB74Tp2CbCQQwNOPat2Z3guXMw=w1210-h908-no

And yes cabels are sata3 never had problems before

nenad.d.dinic01

Commendable
Dec 17, 2018
Also something odd i noticed when i turned on psu the led on the front of the case turned on the one thats one while pc is on and pc gets stuck on restart and on shut down i lose display but everything in the case is still on glowing and fans spining

Readycheck

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2014
Have you ran temperature tests? I was going in circles for literally 2 straight days re-installing drivers, bios, versions of windows etc and couldnt for the life of me figure out why my old system had started lagging after swapping some parts around and it was literally as stupid as my CPU cooler losing some contact during the cleaning and re-fitting process so it was overheating which was straining the system and causing it to lag, which I just assumed were process/gpu issues on the face of things before i finally noticed for a split second during boot, the bios flashed up 99 on temp and the penny dropped

nenad.d.dinic01

Commendable
Dec 17, 2018
Have you ran temperature tests? I was going in circles for literally 2 straight days re-installing drivers, bios, versions of windows etc and couldnt for the life of me figure out why my old system had started lagging after swapping some parts around and it was literally as stupid as my CPU cooler losing some contact during the cleaning progress and it was overheating which was straining the system and causing it to lag, which I just assumed were process/gpu issues on the face of things before i finally noticed for a split second during boot, the bios flashed up 99 on temp and the penny dropped
Temps go up to 51 degrees celsius but cpu doesn't boost ever so it probably motherboard power delivery issue

TRENDING THREADS