Whoops! 20 Of The Funniest Fails From Apple's iOS Maps App

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalWarlord

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
[citation][nom]jaquith[/nom] http://www.suzukiofwichita.com/blo - http://www.techiewww.com/wp-conten [...] 0/map1.png[/citation]

Wow... these don't even come close... and no offense bro, but have to be a complete idiot not to notice that the first image has been digitally modified. The sad part is that being a digital artist myself, I didn't even have to inspect it closely to find jpeg distortion or unparallel line placement. It's just obvious at first sight. Come on man, is really that hard to accept that apple made a mistake?

ya trick ya

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
Some of these are just trying to make it a joke for example:

The San Francisco to Sausalito one is actually displaying the map if you were trying to walk there...

By no means am I going to say that Apple Maps are perfect but I mean this is completely false information

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]ya trick ya[/nom]Some of these are just trying to make it a joke for example:The San Francisco to Sausalito one is actually displaying the map if you were trying to walk there... By no means am I going to say that Apple Maps are perfect but I mean this is completely false information[/citation]
So you're saying you think Apple users, not just Apple CEOs, can walk on water?

ya trick ya

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]So you're saying you think Apple users, not just Apple CEOs, can walk on water?[/citation]

Haha yea totally my fault when I wrote that I meant to say it requires public transportation. On the map it tells you to take a ferry service at Pier 41 that will take you across the bay

noob2222

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
I think the funniest one I have found is hoover dam bridge.

ios-6-maps-3d-hoover-dam.jpg

nothing like driving down the cliff and back up.

G

first one is fake... its a bug that makes the pin show on top of all other overlays... when berlin is on the opposite side of antarctica, this happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts