Why 10 reset?

Graham Barnfield

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
why did windows 10 reset itself???

Ok so issue is---- turned pc on... *preparing windows* i thought *yeh ok.... never happened before* ecept when i installed 10...

desktop image... reset to 10 default... apps in task bar??? none = reset to default... desktop apps.... reset to default... Coratana? reset to default... start menue... reset to default!!!! do i need to continue???? although i have all games and apps still... HACK???? please help i am worried

P.s also BOOKMARKS!!!! i had over 100 ALL have been removed!!!

Solution
did you try a restart? I had a similar problem and normal user would work on a restart

Did you have PC set to auto logon? If user is corrupted win 10 will log you into a temp account like the one you had. Easiest way to avoid it is turn off auto logon or just make a new local account and copy all the info in your c/users/username folder to the new user you just made.

I just put up with having to manually logon every day, beats a fresh install anyway

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you try a restart? I had a similar problem and normal user would work on a restart

Did you have PC set to auto logon? If user is corrupted win 10 will log you into a temp account like the one you had. Easiest way to avoid it is turn off auto logon or just make a new local account and copy all the info in your c/users/username folder to the new user you just made.

I just put up with having to manually logon every day, beats a fresh install anyway

Solution