[SOLVED] Why am i getting terrible fps in most multiplayer games.

Efann

Commendable
Apr 11, 2020
I am really confuesed on why i ament getting atleast 60 fps in games like battlefield 5 and escape from tarkov, i have run the games at the lowest settings and i am still getting very bad fps i have also ran them at the highest aswell and still nothing, in tarkov when i am in fights i will drop down to 40-50 fps and in other games i drop down to 20, one of my friends has a lower end pc and he is getting way better fps than me, i have done all tests and everything has came back fine. Ive also had people look at my pc and there confuesd aswell.

My Hardware
Cpu = i7770k
Motherboard = asus strix z270e gaming
Ram = 1 stick of corsair vengance 16gb at 2400mhz
Gpu = gigabyte rtx 2070 8gb
ssd = radion 110gb
hard drive = segate 1tb
power supply = some off brand 850w

Solution
I've seen cases where thermal throttling kicks in to keep it at 65, 70, or 75C. Probably a setting in the bios that needs to get adjusted. You might want to look in the PC health section of the bios to see if anything like that is going on.

On a slightly related note, I was helping my parents years ago with my dad. He was severally disabled and the docs wanted an over night O2 record of him sleeping. After hooking him up to the machine, we found out it beeped every 7 or 10 seconds. I started looking at the machine to figure out what it was complaining about. Turns out it was set to alarm unless the pulse was between 10 and 35. No joke. I adjusted the upper limit to 90 and told my dad to sleep while I called the emergency 800...

Efann

Commendable
Apr 11, 2020
CPU/GPU load and temps while gaming? Vsync off? Are you recording/streaming while doing this? Or doing any other CPU heavy work?

My temps are sitting at 65 on both cpu and gpu, vsync turned off, i do stream but its always the same when im not streaming, and no other cpu heavy work just the game itself and discord and 1 or 2 others

Efann

Commendable
Apr 11, 2020
You HAVE to fix that at least.
Single channel is no longer sufficient in more modern titles.

Each core/thread. Whole cpu usage is wrong, because unlike with ram and gpu, all it takes is one core/thread to become a cpu limitation.

So upgrading my ram to 2 8gb stick of 3800 would fix this ?

4745454b

Titan
50% load could mean you are using 100% of half your cores. You could be cpu limited in those games. Dual channel ram might help, OCing the cpu could help as well. You might want to look into making sure you don't have a virus or anything like that going on.

65C might be an issue? Is your cpu speed staying where it should?

Efann

Commendable
Apr 11, 2020
i had my cpu overclocked to 4.8 but it wasnt much of a boost, ill have a look at that now.

its at 65c while playing games it really dosent go above that maybe to like 66 or 67, and staying where it should be ?

4745454b

Titan
I've seen cases where thermal throttling kicks in to keep it at 65, 70, or 75C. Probably a setting in the bios that needs to get adjusted. You might want to look in the PC health section of the bios to see if anything like that is going on.

On a slightly related note, I was helping my parents years ago with my dad. He was severally disabled and the docs wanted an over night O2 record of him sleeping. After hooking him up to the machine, we found out it beeped every 7 or 10 seconds. I started looking at the machine to figure out what it was complaining about. Turns out it was set to alarm unless the pulse was between 10 and 35. No joke. I adjusted the upper limit to 90 and told my dad to sleep while I called the emergency 800 number. After getting the tech I told him what was up and asked if 90 was an ok number or if it should be lower. He said he had no idea what pulse info the docs needed and as long as the machine wasn't beeping to let him sleep and get info. My father and I both have low resting pulses but 35 is pushing it even for us.

Solution