[SOLVED] Why are the chipset drivers trying to make me install Adrenalin?

n00bguy84

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
So I got my new motherboard and CPU installed. Everything is connected and it all works.

But I am having some issues.

I downloaded all the latest drivers from the ASUS site. My board is an ASUS X570 TUF Gaming Plus. The one without wifi.

I got the latest SATA drivers from the ASUS site but there is nothing to install. It's just a bunch of files and none of them install anything. Do I need the SATA drivers or whatever they are? Like I said they are the latest ones and there is no way to install anything.

The second issue is the chipset drivers. I downloaded the chipset drivers from the AMD website so I could get the Ryzen balanced power plan. But I also downloaded the chipset drivers from the ASUS site. When I try to install the ones from the ASUS site it keeps trying to make me install Adrenalin. Which I don't need cause my GPU is Nvidia.

Am I good with just using the chipset drivers from the AMD site?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
For the Asus chipset drivers, park them where they are easy access, I usually use the desktop. Then open up the Device Manager, scroll down to the Sata, click that, choose update driver, browse the computer, point it at the Sata folder on the desktop and choose the '. inf' file. It'll do the rest.

Most of those folders usually include an '.exe'.

Don't worry about installing amd files, the only one that's really important is the Ryzen Master. You may or may not get Ryzen Balanced, but that's pretty much almost exactly the same as the Microsoft Balanced now.

Windows has drivers for almost any stuff. Generic ones. Like it's good enough for vga at 800x600 etc, so will work as is for any gpu plugged in. If you want the performance out of the gpu, you go get the gpu drivers written for that gpu. That's the same theory behind every motherboard chipset driver, you can use them at a basic level with windows, or go get the drivers specifically written for whatever component.

Audio and Lan are absolutely necessary and might need updating after a windows quarterly major update.

Reactions: n00bguy84

n00bguy84

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
For the Asus chipset drivers, park them where they are easy access, I usually use the desktop. Then open up the Device Manager, scroll down to the Sata, click that, choose update driver, browse the computer, point it at the Sata folder on the desktop and choose the '. inf' file. It'll do the rest.

Most of those folders usually include an '.exe'.

Don't worry about installing amd files, the only one that's really important is the Ryzen Master. You may or may not get Ryzen Balanced, but that's pretty much almost exactly the same as the Microsoft Balanced now.

Windows has drivers for almost any stuff. Generic ones. Like it's good enough for vga at 800x600 etc, so will work as is for any gpu plugged in. If you want the performance out of the gpu, you go get the gpu drivers written for that gpu. That's the same theory behind every motherboard chipset driver, you can use them at a basic level with windows, or go get the drivers specifically written for whatever component.

Audio and Lan are absolutely necessary and might need updating after a windows quarterly major update.

Would that be the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers or the storage space controllers?

n00bguy84

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
Don't complicate, just download this driver https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570 double click on it and let everything install. Chipset driver is actually a set of drivers for everything that's contained in chipset chip and their functions, This driver does not contain GPU drivers unless you have IGPU.

I think I installed the AMD chipset driver earlier so I could get the Ryzen balanced power plan.

I didn't even bother to install the chipset driver from the ASUS driver list.