Question Why can´t i open games after new GPU

Jul 31, 2019
Hey there, i had a gtx 960 Asus strix and have now bough a gtx 1660ti because the 960 was getting a bit outdated, but since i´ve changed my GPU games don´t work, some close automaticly, others just stop, the only one that even works is csgo.

My pc components:

-Nox Hummer ZX - Black

-Seasonic S12II 520W 80 Plus Bronze

-MSI H170 Gaming M3

-Intel i7-6700 3.4Ghz Box

-ADATA SSD SP550 Premier 120GB - ASP550SS3-120GM-C

-Western Digital 1TB BLUE SATA III - WD10EZEX

-8 Kingston FURY DDR4 8GB (2x4GB) 2133MHz HyperX CL14 Black

-Asus DRW-24F1ST

- And now a 1660ti msi gaming

I´ve already formatted the pc, i´ve cleaned old drivers, even talked with MSI about the motherboard BIOS and they said it couldn´t be from that. May it be a PSU problem? If so which PSU should i get? Can it be a compatibility problem?

This has happened in nba, black ops 4, LoL, Apex legends (once again, only game that works is csgo)

Thank you advance.

I doubt it's the issue but it might be your power supply. Depending on how old it is, power supplies can lose up to 20% of their power. The 1660ti can consume up to 130 Watts by itself. If it's attached to a twitchy older supply, it might affect it's stability. 520W * 80% = 416 System Watts. You still have some clearance, but modern graphics cards get "twitchy" with unstable voltage rails.

Try underclocking the card by 20% and see if your stability returns. If it does then you might try swapping out your PSU if you have a spare one that is better suited.

Outside that, I would say you got a dud.

Reactions: kikopio
Jul 31, 2019
I doubt it's the issue but it might be your power supply. Depending on how old it is, power supplies can lose up to 20% of their power. The 1660ti can consume up to 130 Watts by itself. If it's attached to a twitchy older supply, it might affect it's stability. 520W * 80% = 416 System Watts. You still have some clearance, but modern graphics cards get "twitchy" with unstable voltage rails.

Try underclocking the card by 20% and see if your stability returns. If it does then you might try swapping out your PSU if you have a spare one that is better suited.

Outside that, I would say you got a dud.
Yeah i may try underclocking the graphic card but i think i´ve tried that(not sure though)
BTW, what do you mean by "you god a dud"?

Yeah i may try underclocking the graphic card but i think i´ve tried that(not sure though)
BTW, what do you mean by "you god a dud"?

Well when mfg make these cards they are supposed to boot them up in a test rig and do a quick stress test. It's entirely possible this one wasn't tested, or was damaged in shipment. Hence the "dud [bomb]" meaning "defective"

You could also check your temperatures to see if they are inline with what they are supposed to be. Toms did a review of the 1660ti and you can use that as a reference for temps.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-turing,6002-5.html

GPU-Z is good for reading things like temps.

Reactions: kikopio
Jul 31, 2019
Well when mfg make these cards they are supposed to boot them up in a test rig and do a quick stress test. It's entirely possible this one wasn't tested, or was damaged in shipment. Hence the "dud [bomb]" meaning "defective"

You could also check your temperatures to see if they are inline with what they are supposed to be. Toms did a review of the 1660ti and you can use that as a reference for temps.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-turing,6002-5.html

GPU-Z is good for reading things like temps.
Temperature is fine in my pc yeah, guess i´ll try underclocking the graphic card and see if it works, don´t think it will, guess sending it back is my best option atm, sad.
Ty though